Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Highest mileage ever seen on a Cayenne or a Cayenne TT?

Old 01-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Red5 is on a distinguished road
Highest mileage ever seen on a Cayenne or a Cayenne TT?

In the market for a CTT. I'm not seeing any available with more than 150k on the odometer. Do these trucks last long? Most of my car experience has been behind the wheel of a C5 Corvette. These things handle a beating and ask for more. I've seen one on the track with 328k.

Should I be concerned about one with 140k?

Old 01-08-2013, 07:35 PM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
There are a couple CTT's with over 250000 mi on rennlist.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:48 PM
markdjr is on a distinguished road
Im about to roll 150k on my 04 CTT, feels the same as when I bought it at 113k, which I can only assume was pretty much the way it felt new.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I would make sure the concerned area's are taken care of and get a PPI done before you purchase.

Last edited by ECS Tuning - Porsche; 01-09-2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-09-2013, 09:14 AM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
I would must make the concerned area's are taken care of and get a PPI done before you purchase.
Great advice. I just had a friend have a look at a CTT with 80000 mi. It was rode hard and put away wet. Night and day compared to mine with 90000 mi.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
I must of had the Monday morning blues when I wrote that "must make" ..... doh !! Fixed now

Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
If you take a look around "Porsche" has been one of the most reliable car companies on earth for a long time. Unfortunately this get clouded when someone buys a very neglected older example of something that has been sitting in a field for 20 years.

Parts are "sometimes" more expensive but not always. Partly due to being a lower production luxury brand than the GM stuff you are used to and partly due to exchange rtes and importing costs.

I know of many many many examples of 300-400k plus 911, 944, 951, 968, 928, etc, and as mentioned above there are several 250k+ Cayenne Turbos around.

Consider that most of the people that bought these bought them as 2nd, 3rd or 12th vehicles. Which jut means that the miles haven't been racked up on a fair amount of them....yet!

I've got 107k on my 04 CTT and love it. I've auto crossed it, tow with it, etc etc.....but....I also have 10 vehicles between two of us so I don't rack up miles on the CTT all that quickly even though its technically my daily driver.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Cole
If you take a look around "Porsche" has been one of the most reliable car companies on earth for a long time. Unfortunately this get clouded when someone buys a very neglected older example of something that has been sitting in a field for 20 years.

Parts are "sometimes" more expensive but not always. Partly due to being a lower production luxury brand than the GM stuff you are used to and partly due to exchange rtes and importing costs.

I know of many many many examples of 300-400k plus 911, 944, 951, 968, 928, etc, and as mentioned above there are several 250k+ Cayenne Turbos around.

Consider that most of the people that bought these bought them as 2nd, 3rd or 12th vehicles. Which jut means that the miles haven't been racked up on a fair amount of them....yet!

I've got 107k on my 04 CTT and love it. I've auto crossed it, tow with it, etc etc.....but....I also have 10 vehicles between two of us so I don't rack up miles on the CTT all that quickly even though its technically my daily driver.

Cole,

You autocross your truck? Sounds interesting. What class do these run in? I used to run SM-2, EM and ASP. Would love to see a video of one of these trucks on an autocross course. You may have elevated my smack talk levels. Would be funning to whip someones a$$ in my truck.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Originally Posted by Red5
Cole,

You autocross your truck? Sounds interesting. What class do these run in? I used to run SM-2, EM and ASP. Would love to see a video of one of these trucks on an autocross course. You may have elevated my smack talk levels. Would be funning to whip someones a$$ in my truck.

I tried REALLY hard to get the SCCA to let me run it and they flat out refused to let it run because its an "SUV"

So I ran it once at a PCA Autocross Event. There were 49 "Proper Porsches" and sports cars there, I beat 27 of them, running on all seasons.

Here is the video, as you can see it was a VERY tight course that did not favor HP, you almost never hear the CTT accelerate. The top 3-4 cars were all heavily modified race tire equipped 914s.

You will hear in the video that I was running at the limits of the all seasons...a lot!

Picture of the set up on AutoX day.

Last edited by Cole; 01-09-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:13 PM
williamr91 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cole

...This all day. My 83' was purchased for a steal, was used as a track car then basically dumped by the ex wife...to the guy I bought it from. He had it for a matter of weeks before being shipped cross the country for his job. I got it thinking it had "43k" on it...a few months later I took it to my first shop for a job I couldn't do. Ran some history on it, turns out the odo broke 100k in the early 90's (service verified) and has had no history of a rebuild...so it quite possibly had over 243k, or 343k on the original inline 4. Keep in mind the 85.5 and newer cars had 6 digits the 83' had 5 digits in the odo (hits 99,999 then starts at 0?)...Food for thought.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Cole,

That was freaking awesome man. They need to allow it in the SCCA. They allow the ford lightning to run and a couple of other trucks, don't see why a CTT would rate any lower.

BTW: Here is some of my handy work

Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 AM
DLF
DLF is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up 200000km CS

Hi
My 04 Cayenne S has just hit 200000 km and is still running like new !!

DLF

Attached Images  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor
My 04 Cayenne S has just hit 200000 km and is still running like new !!
Congrats to that Have you had any issues yet ? I have to say your avatar is a little scary looking.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:41 AM
DLF
DLF is on a distinguished road
I do a long trip of around 1000km each month,besides daily running about and have done a few trips of around 3500km. I 've covered around 30000km in the last year. This includes a good few kilos on gravel roads. I drive fairly sensibly on long journey's averaging around 130km/h and have achieved 11L/100km between Pretoria and Bloemfontein (exercising really strong self control) otherwise around 14L/100km, somebody will have to convert these figures to mpg.

So far no issues to speak of, still runs like clockwork every time.

Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2013, 06:00 PM
X5X
X5X is on a distinguished road
There are actually a lot of parts on the cayenne that come straight from the toareg, same part and stamp, just on is sold with the PORSCHE and VW logo, and one with just VW, and the PORSCHE one is x3 more expensive So there are ways of getting around things like maintenance and expansive parts. My cayenne is 100k+ and has had no faults other than a burst coolant pipe and spark plugs.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Highest mileage ever seen on a Cayenne or a Cayenne TT?