Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Duralast H8-DLG Battery - Gas vent holes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:24 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Duralast H8-DLG Battery - Gas vent holes

Does anyone on here use the Duralast H8-DLG battery?
It is a battery one can buy at a local Autozone.
If so, how/where did you connect the gas vent hose to the battery?
If possible, please show a pic illustrating so.

Trying to verify something here as I have been getting some conflicting stories from online. The pic attached is of actual battery that I used, and one that Autozone chooses for an 05 CTT.
The pic shows where I thought were the gas vents for this battery, and what I did with the holes.
Thanks.

Attached Images  

Last edited by ciaka; 01-08-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:38 PM
pment is on a distinguished road
I am thinking of getting a H8-DLG battery also. Did those happen to be vent holes in the battery as you thought?

Old 06-17-2015, 12:33 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Yes. This battery has vent hole on either side. Initially did with tape, but later I took some gasket maker to plug one side. The other side was plugged to the vent hole exhaust pipe inside the compartment.
Battery still going strong for me.

Old 09-09-2022, 06:52 AM
samsongee is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ciaka
Does anyone on here use the Duralast H8-DLG battery?
It is a battery one can buy at a local Autozone.
If so, how/where did you connect the gas vent hose to the battery?
If possible, please show a pic illustrating so.

Trying to verify something here as I have been getting some conflicting stories from online. The pic attached is of actual battery that I used, and one that Autozone chooses for an 05 CTT.
The pic shows where I thought were the gas vents for this battery, and what I did with the holes.
Thanks.
i just swapped my battery and that is exactly how i have it setup. But just learned the larger more powerful DL9 battery is the same price and is a battery too. I ended up swapping it and the vent tube is on the opposite next to the positive terminal

Old 09-09-2022, 06:53 AM
samsongee is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by samsongee
i just swapped my battery and that is exactly how i have it setup. But just learned the larger more powerful DL9 battery is the same price and is a battery too. I ended up swapping it and the vent tube is on the opposite next to the positive terminal
h9 dlg