Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

:-(04 CTT Headlights wont adjust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 09:12 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
:-(04 CTT Headlights wont adjust?

Trying to adjust the vertical setting of the auto leveling headlamps low beam per the owners manual and not having much luck. Sitting on level ground when I turn the adjustment screw either clockwise or counter-clockwise the headlamp beam does not either raise or lower. I have looked inside the headlamp housing and determined that the adjustment mechanics are intact yet nothing happens. When I turn the lamps on I can see that the beams dip down and then up. The right beam slowly dips down further than the left. When I raise or lower the CTT with the air suspension I can see the headlamp units compensating to maintain level as the suspension raises and lowers. Any one have any experience with these?

Old 03-21-2013, 03:02 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
I have seen this before w/ the same symptoms, but I do not think it is what you want to hear. In a nutshell, when opening my headlights to do my headlight mods, I saw that one of the the ball and rotor joints in the housing was dislocated from the projector assembly. So the projector was only secure from a couple of points. Everything worked like you said (surprisingly), but I noticed that the height adjustment did not work until I snapped this joint back together. It wasn't that difficult to do it, however, I also had the light fully apart and was able to do it behind the lens.

So the takeaway is, if this is the same issue I had, you will have to either:

A) Take apart the headlight to fix it (which means cutting it open)

or

B) Buy a new headlight

Old 03-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Jagman1 is on a distinguished road
My '04 is the same. I've done a fair amount of research and the documentation from Porsche suggest that PWIS is required to adjust the aiming on US cars. The documentation clearly suggest that European models can be adjusted manually and US cannot.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:05 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the help guys, I got them to adjust. Had a popped ball in one and thru some finagleling and patience got it back on! I do think I need the pwis procedure though.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
headlights.pdf (239.8 KB, 1042 views)