Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Glove box light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 09:33 PM
charlielmarsh is on a distinguished road
Glove box light

Changed my interior light to leds. They look awesome, but the last light I changed was the glove box light. Switched the bulb and it didn't work so I removed the bulb and switched the polarity, still didn't work. Try the incandescent bulb and that won't work. Everything else in the cayenne works so I haven't check to see if it's a fuse. Any ideas?

Old 01-13-2014, 07:27 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Did it work before. If so why change it? My glove box is open maybe once a month and I couldn't tell if it works or not.

Changing bulb types in these cars frequently causes some sort of problem somewhere.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:56 PM
richie996 will become famous soon enoughrichie996 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by charlielmarsh
Changed my interior light to leds. They look awesome, but the last light I changed was the glove box light. Switched the bulb and it didn't work so I removed the bulb and switched the polarity, still didn't work. Try the incandescent bulb and that won't work. Everything else in the cayenne works so I haven't check to see if it's a fuse. Any ideas?
Make sure all of your LED's turn off properly as well. I had a problem when I changed all interior lights on my 09 GTS to LED. The puddle lights under the rear doors would NOT turn off leading to a drained battery every couple of days. Had to sacrifice and install regular bulbs in those locations so they turned off properly.

All other bulbs I installed (suncoast kit, ~14 bulbs) worked perfectly..

Old 01-14-2014, 08:57 PM
charlielmarsh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by richie996
Make sure all of your LED's turn off properly as well. I had a problem when I changed all interior lights on my 09 GTS to LED. The puddle lights under the rear doors would NOT turn off leading to a drained battery every couple of days. Had to sacrifice and install regular bulbs in those locations so they turned off properly. All other bulbs I installed (suncoast kit, ~14 bulbs) worked perfectly..

All the other bulbs seem to be functioning perfectly. Will have to do some more trouble shooting.