Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New Member / Durametric Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 11:04 AM
PRSCH UH is on a distinguished road
New Member / Durametric Question

Hey everyone,

Been lurking for a while now after I purchased an '06 CTTS for a steal. It is in great condition and came with Champion Motorsport RG24 wheels.

My question is about the Durametric cable/software used to lower the air suspension. I have been reading quite a bit about it recently and would like to ask if someone would be willing to loan me their cable and software to do this to my CTTS. Obviously, I would be willing to work something out to pay for a portion of the cost since you can only use it on 3 vehicles (could be wrong on that number) depending on the version. Is this possible? Will a generic cable and old version of software be able to do this? Or do I need to bite the bullet and get one myself?

Thanks in advance.

-Anthony

Here are my two toys (too much done to the Audi to list)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10362133_1422465358028566_53048741_n.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	385772  
Old 06-11-2014, 01:18 PM
mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !mtnrat Is a GOD !
I would just get your own. For the price it is a steal.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:15 PM
egreaves20 is a jewel in the roughegreaves20 is a jewel in the roughegreaves20 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mtnrat
I would just get your own. For the price it is a steal.
Agreed, it will come in handy for reading/clearing error codes and other DIY repairs.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:58 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congratulations Anthony! That's a great looking stable. Tell us more about the PIG

Old 06-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
I love the color. Looks great!

Old 06-13-2014, 10:37 AM
PRSCH UH is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll have to pick one up soon enough then.

The ol' PIG has 65,000 miles on it and flew up to ATL the day after I saw it on AutoTrader. Bought it for $27.5k but I had to replace the cardan shaft right away and it needed some other misc. maintenance items.

ECS, I've been ordering from you quite a bit lately between the A4 and CTTS. I actually need a few more things in the near future so I will be sure to contact you.

Thanks again for the responses everyone. Really great community around here.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:59 PM
09RedGTS is on a distinguished road
I found a used one in classifieds with 2 more VINs, and bought it for $215 delivered. My indie svc shop wanted a $114 just to read the code for my check engine light. So I read it and reset it myself. The codes were for "ahead of air mass flow sensor - readings below lower limit" My guess is it was dirt on the wire or something like that, because the check engine light has not come back on. Id drive it like I stole it, so probably just blew the dirt off it. So I figure my cost is now $100, and I didn't give anyone a chance to sucker me into a new airflow ma$$ $ensor. And I can reset other items as desired without begging and paying though the nose for it. The enthusiast Durametric is well worth the cost!

Last edited by 09RedGTS; 06-13-2014 at 02:02 PM.