Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Odd Sat Nav Behaviour

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 11:34 AM
ferrytrip1 is on a distinguished road
Odd Sat Nav Behaviour

06 Cayenne S - new to me 2 weeks ago.

Hi, Last 2 days I have seen some odd Sat Nav problems.

Yesterday I noticed the icon was off by a few hundred meters in one axis. The road was being tracked in a straight line but I was passing roads that the map showed as being ahead. Sometime later the map froze.

Searching the threads, I found the status and it showed 0GPS & 0D satellites.

Today I drove some 80 miles and on the return leg the status page started to update with a location and the coordinates updated as the car moved. Then I saw 4 GPS and 2D - the icon moved to the right place on the map. But only for a few seconds - the map froze.

The behavior continued during the journey - coordinates changing - no sats being shown and the icon not inthe righ place on the map.

When I got home I removed the spoiler and check the GPS AE - all secure - no loose connections - easy to get at - harder if you lose the screw in the double skin - thank goodness for magnetic tools.

I also pulled the PCM - no loose connections.

I have reset the PCM with 1, 4 & 8 & ejected the disk and cleaned it

Questions:
1 is it one cable run from the GPS AE to the PCM - or is there a break point I might have a loose connection?
2 can the GPS AE be checked with a multimeter or the like (how does the connector come off - I could not remove it...)
3 Is there any other areas I can look or ideas some may have to try to troubleshoot further.

I think my next step is to repalce the AE as this seem the most likely culprit and the cheapest item to change.

Thoughts anybody?

Thanks

Simon