Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

B and C pillar trim removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Cole1766 is an unknown quantity at this point
B and C pillar trim removal

Hi, I have read a few old threads on the problems in removing the exterior C pillar trims from a 957 Cayenne. I want to remove the silver and replace with the black. In those old threads there did not seem to be a certain answer and I wonderedred if somedy can tell me in some detail what is involvedved. I have bought the parts but lost the nerve to start fitting them. Any ideas?

Old 06-05-2017, 03:21 AM
Domino is on a distinguished road
B pillar is an easy job. Open both doors, at the bottom or the trim panel you will see black plastic cap, there are two torx bolts underneath it, remove them and pull panel off. It has hooks in the upper side, don't break them.
C pillar is a bit more complicated. You will have to remove interior panels around rear side glass. After that, you will see 10mm nuts around perimeter of rear side glass. Remove them and you will be able to push your glass out. Make sure you hold it from outside, when you push. Once it starts to move out, gently try to pry it in the front direction, there is few fixing elements under that panel, that are fragile, if you do it right, everything's should be ok. After you remove rear glass, you will see that your trim panel is glued with 3M-kind tape to glass assembly and one small screw on the bottom( I guess, don't remember exactly). Best way to secure your trim panel back to glass, is using some windshield glue - polyurethane based glue, because all that 3M **** will eventually come off, I know because I had to remove it again few months later. Assembly is reverse. Good luck!

Old 06-05-2017, 07:50 AM
Domino
You're a star, thanks very much, I'll give it a go.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:51 AM
Domino
You're a star, thanks very much, I'll give it a go. Cole1766

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.