Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Rain sensors!!

Old 09-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Johnnytito is an unknown quantity at this point
Rain sensors!!

So my 06 ctts has the rain sensor function instead of intermittent. They never shut off no matter how light the rain! I have them turned to the lowest setting and they barely slow down. Anybody else have this issue? Is there possible dealer programing that can tame the sensitivity? Any help at all greatly appreciated

Old 09-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Anyone?

Old 09-18-2017, 08:25 PM
Bigfoot is on a distinguished road
Bottom Line: They suck. My previous BMW X5 rain sensors were fantastic. The rain sensors in my 2006 Turbo S were simply lousy. I was better off manually using the wipers once in a while because as you said, they just don't slow down enough.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:11 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Ditto on my '06 S/****. The '11 CTT works perfectly. There is a gel space that goes between the windshield and the actual sensor. If this is damaged or missing it won't work well at all. Windshield replacement places often do not replace this - and it's a one-time-use part.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:13 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Johnnytito
Anyone?
Johnny, I realize that the full time staff here must have been asleep at the wheel, or busy answering other people's questions - but jeeze - an hour/15 minutes and you're bumping your thread? That's not the way to get responses here. No one is paid to answer questions here. Really. It's done out of the goodness of our itty bitty hearts.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:16 PM
My bad. Got side tracked and thought it was much later. Sorry

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.