Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Help me decide. Base GTS manual vs Loaded GTS PDCC Tip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 07:12 AM
GunshipDriver is on a distinguished road
Help me decide. Base GTS manual vs Loaded GTS PDCC Tip

Greetings, wanted to get your input on the above subject line. Looking for a fun DD, traffic is not bad where I live... i love manuals but would likely prefer the final drive of the Tip. For a similar price point I've found the above two cars. The manual was $80k msrp and the pdcc was $98k msrp. FWIW, I have a Boxster S for more spirited driving... I miss having a V8 and have never owned a Cayenne before. What say you?

Old 05-22-2019, 07:28 PM
Magdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Depends on a few things...either way, the V8 sounds very nice. The 6MT has fairly odd gearing, very low 1st...and not really an overdrive 6th. Shifter has been criticized, but personally I think they are a hoot to drive. PDCC is all I have experienced in the 957 GTS, so I can’t compare without it.

There are currently 2 6MT GTS FS on rennlist, one in Canada, the other Stateside...both near $30K. The trippy versions, even loaded, depending on mileage are significantly cheaper.

That being said, maintenance history, condition are paramount. Depending on mileage, these things go thru very similar wear cycles. I currently have two 09 GTS 6MT’s..long story. Both have needed relatively the same maintenance after I acquired them. Both were taken very well care of, but followed the same path when reaching the 80-90k mileage range.

If...IF you can drive both, then naturally do that. Some find the manual better, many obviously don’t.

Best of luck with the hunt.

Old 05-28-2019, 07:55 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i had a pretty nice 2008 turbo with pdcc etc etc; after 6 months I traded it for a manual GTS and still have it after almost 11 years. when I am out of the car I think about trading it , but every time I get back into it, I just cannot let it go.

the stick makes the machine so much more engaging and as Mag says, 1st and 6th are not the best but it is made up by 2nd and 3rd.

for my first cayenne, the pdcc was a mandatory option while the GTS did not have pdcc. my conclusion from living with both was that I would not make it a necessary option box. in other words, it was icing on a cake, but not a deal maker option. I am still amazed at how flat my GTS rides through on and off ramps.

Old 08-07-2019, 04:53 PM
Any update? If you went with a 6MT...you’ve recently doubled your money. Values are thru the roof for the 3 pedal variety GTS at the moment.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:12 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Magdaddy
Any update? If you went with a 6MT...you’ve recently doubled your money. Values are thru the roof for the 3 pedal variety GTS at the moment.
Wow - where were the sales Magdaddy?

I still have not been able to convince my local dealor that the manual is a collectable based on the small production numbers and importance of the vehicle to Porsches renewal. on top of it, I believe the manual GTS is one of the few Cayennes in the Porsche museum - so head office seems to agree!

Old 08-11-2019, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
Wow - where were the sales Magdaddy?

I still have not been able to convince my local dealor that the manual is a collectable based on the small production numbers and importance of the vehicle to Porsches renewal. on top of it, I believe the manual GTS is one of the few Cayennes in the Porsche museum - so head office seems to agree!
Go on Bring A Trailer, and enter Cayenne GTS in the search bar. 4 6MT’s have sold recently...all with well over 100k miles, low of $21k(weird color combo, poor listing) then $34k, $37k, and $33k

Tell your dealer to look at BAT also...every valuation guideline, NADA, KBB, etc, values the 6MT below the Tip. In the enthusiast marketplace, they bring big money.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:05 AM
great web sight MD - many thanks as I had never heard of I before. I currently only looked in the US side via Autotrader.

there is a nice 2009 stick that has been there for a while , gray and I think in Pennsy - dropped to $37k from $39k.