Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

The scoop on adding Video Input to the NAV

Old 07-29-2003, 02:36 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
The scoop on adding Video Input to the NAV

OK just spoke to Allen at NAV-TV.. Here is the deal.. you ship them your factory NAV unit and they hardwire a video input with a FM Modulator and supply a external switch for changing the video source. This enables you to hook up a DVD changer or TV tuner to the factory NAV screen.. Now he said that they only sell this to a Stereo shop so you have to find or get your local dealer to set up a account with them.. Ball park figure is $600 for this... Also of course there is no warranty coverage from them in respect to something failing on the Porsche head unit... So they
guarantee it will be working when they send it back to you.. but if
something goes wrong.. you then deal with Porsche.. and I would think that when they see wires coming out of the back of the unit they may Void the warranty on the NAV unit... On the other hand.. how many issues are there with a NAV unit going wrong.. and you could disconnect the wires from the back of the unit and take it in.... So who wants to be the first Guinea Pig?

Nav Tv

Old 07-30-2003, 12:02 AM
EM 996 GTS is on a distinguished road
I'm very intrested on the after market kit.... but Im not gonna be the first...

I had an experience with my 4.4 X5 (sold) with the factory nav.

Old 07-30-2003, 12:06 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
We have had on in our 4.4 as well.. no problems.. what happended with yours?

Old 07-31-2003, 04:58 AM
EM 996 GTS is on a distinguished road
I think it got short-circuit during or after the installation...
I did it at a so-so Audio place...
my GPS was off about 1-2 miles.....
they took out the Amps, re-wired the audio cables.
still the same....

BMW service near my house doesn't want to touch the audio wiring and GPS system.. I sold it about a year ago... end of story.