Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

I dont know how I am going to survive!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 09:29 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
I dont know how I am going to survive!

Sniff, sniff, the trucking company picked up my Cayenne Turbo S today to take it off to Evoms for them to install the GT700 upgrade. I am sure it's going to be a blast when it comes back, but I am going to miss the Cayenne a lot while its gone. I only have heard of one guy on here who has gotten the upgrade done on his Turbo, and he is very happy with it. Has anyone else had it done and what are your thoughts? Was it worth it?

Aaron

Old 01-19-2007, 01:02 AM
ehaser1 is on a distinguished road
Honestly, My thoughts are that you should have purchased a turbo instead of a turbo S if you were going to do the upgrade. You just wasted about the same amount of money that it is going to cost you for the upgrade.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:15 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by acicchelli
Sniff, sniff, the trucking company picked up my Cayenne Turbo S today to take it off to Evoms for them to install the GT700 upgrade. I am sure it's going to be a blast when it comes back, but I am going to miss the Cayenne a lot while its gone. I only have heard of one guy on here who has gotten the upgrade done on his Turbo, and he is very happy with it. Has anyone else had it done and what are your thoughts? Was it worth it?

Aaron
Congrats man, i dont feel sorry at all..LOL just drive around in your ML63 for now btw does the GT700 comes with BBK upgrade? i do love the
transmission behavior on the CTTS that's how the DME should be program on all the turbos.. well again it will be a monster

Old 01-19-2007, 12:08 PM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ehaser1
Honestly, My thoughts are that you should have purchased a turbo instead of a turbo S if you were going to do the upgrade. You just wasted about the same amount of money that it is going to cost you for the upgrade.
I had a 2004 Turbo that I traded for my 2006 Turbo S. I ordered the Turbo S last January with the exact options I wanted, long before evoms offered any upgrades. I hardly call having the ultimate SUV for the past 8-9 months a waste of money. I also wont have to upgrade the brakes or the intercoolers, which saves some money over having a regular Turbo. The Turbo S also has larger turbo housings which may help make a little extra power over what the Turbo gets. I also got a good "holiday special" price from Todd at evo on the upgrade.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by alex911s
Congrats man, i dont feel sorry at all..LOL just drive around in your ML63 for now btw does the GT700 comes with BBK upgrade? i do love the
transmission behavior on the CTTS that's how the DME should be program on all the turbos.. well again it will be a monster
Haha, the ML63 is quite the vehicle but it's no Cayenne Turbo S. Power is very similar but it's just not as fun to drive (Turbos over NA)for me, and the interior is lacking compared to the Cayenne. It does ride smoother, shifts smoother and the exhaust is louder. I mainly bought it for my woman to drive when shes not with me, and it was something I would love driving when I had to. The Turbo S already has the bigger brakes, so I wont be upgrading those.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:09 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by acicchelli
Haha, the ML63 is quite the vehicle but it's no Cayenne Turbo S. Power is very similar but it's just not as fun to drive (Turbos over NA)for me, and the interior is lacking compared to the Cayenne. It does ride smoother, shifts smoother and the exhaust is louder. I mainly bought it for my woman to drive when shes not with me, and it was something I would love driving when I had to. The Turbo S already has the bigger brakes, so I wont be upgrading those.
interesting how my gf tells me that the only thing she did not like about my cayenne S was the interior. I actually liked it. hmmm
interesting.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:29 PM
ehaser1 is on a distinguished road
I apologize.. I thought that the gt700 kit comes with new turbos so I figured that you were better off with the turbo by buying the kit and adding the bbk for the money.. By looking at your stable, money obviously isnt an issue sorry

Old 01-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by ehaser1
I apologize.. I thought that the gt700 kit comes with new turbos so I figured that you were better off with the turbo by buying the kit and adding the bbk for the money.. By looking at your stable, money obviously isnt an issue sorry
The kit does come with new Turbos your thinking was correct. The Turbo S does have larger housings for the new turbos, and Todd thinks we might get a little more power with those over the Turbo. If I was going to buy a Cayenne now just to do the upgrades I would go with a Turbo instead of a Turbo S. I ordered my Turbo S like a week after they were available for order, so I enjoyed it for most of the past year. The holiday special in conjunction with not needing to upgrade the intercoolers and brakes was the straw that broke the camels back and at the spur of the moment I decided I wanted the upgrade in power. The soon to be out 500 hp 2008 Turbo also factored into my decision.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:09 PM
GoldenPEPPA is on a distinguished road
congrats... can't wait to see the pic's and hear how fun it is to drive

Old 01-20-2007, 05:01 PM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
I looked at your list of cars . . . my heart bleeds for you. (jk)
Looking forward to pics too!

Old 01-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by BobbySpeed
I looked at your list of cars . . . my heart bleeds for you. (jk)
Looking forward to pics too!
Haha, thanks guys. I will get lots of pictures/impressions when I get it back. Right now I am down to the Gallardo and the SL600 to drive around, as the SL65 and Cayenne are gone and my woman has the ML63 for the weekend out of town. Honestly my favorite car is the Cayenne and it's probably going to be gone a month and I hope it doesnt snow!

Old 01-20-2007, 05:57 PM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
I understand. I love my Audi, but the Cayenne is sooo comfortable. I was at the dealer today picking up a cargo mat for the rear, and I was sitting in a 997S which was comfortable, and oh so sexy, but I was very happy to get back into my Cayenne for the ride home.

Old 01-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by BobbySpeed
I understand. I love my Audi, but the Cayenne is sooo comfortable. I was at the dealer today picking up a cargo mat for the rear, and I was sitting in a 997S which was comfortable, and oh so sexy, but I was very happy to get back into my Cayenne for the ride home.
Yes, exactly. I like driving all the sports cars and such, but I am fairly tall at 6'5 and its always nice to get back into the Cayenne where you have the room to breathe and the ride is smoother.