Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne v alernatives

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 06:33 AM
YSS
YSS is on a distinguished road
Cayenne v alernatives

Just wondering... of those that have CTT's or considering the new CTT model, what do you consider as alternatives?

AMG ML63 or do you consider sedans as alternatives?
I drove an ML63 last week and could NOT believe the power.
i have had the last Cayenne TT and X5 4.8is.
generally found the X5 the most comfortable all rounder but with no "is" version available, i am contemplating the new cayenne.

ML is great but here in Oz, 90% of owners seem to be women picking up kids...

yss

Old 01-22-2007, 08:16 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
wow! i have been hearing crazy power about the ML63. i think i shoudl drive one. I really couldn't tell you the alternatives as i only had the S model and i personally liked it better than the x5. but i did drive a x5 once and was like, hey this is not bad at all. Overall looking at all the factors the cayenne S was best choice for me.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:52 AM
bentley500 will become famous soon enoughbentley500 will become famous soon enough
ML63 is a great alternative to the Cayenne Turbo.. however, since the new model is coming out soon i think that you should wait and drive it and then decide which you like most.... but at the end of the day, perhaps the ML63 might not feel as "sporty" and "connected" as the Cayenne...

Old 01-22-2007, 08:56 PM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
I iike the word alternative- because, for me and my family, there is nothing better than a Cayenne!

Old 01-23-2007, 12:43 AM
racer_65 is on a distinguished road
Don't foget, there is no substitute!

Old 01-23-2007, 04:12 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
if you don't need that much power i would seriously suggest the Audi Q7 4.2 premium... its just SO MUCH BETTER than the trucks you are considering...

Alan

Old 01-23-2007, 06:53 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Ive been hearing many good reviews about hte Jeep SRT8 and even if you get bored with its performance, you can always modify it cheaper than the Cayenne.

The ML63 is a monster, seriously after seeing the indoor car test from Autocar, Really is a strong conteder.

Old 01-23-2007, 07:16 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i saw a SRT8 Jeep last week and it was insane. the engine sounded so badass. i tried to catch up but he left me in the dust. i was driving a camry (chuckles!!!!!).

Old 01-24-2007, 06:30 AM
YSS
YSS is on a distinguished road
thanks for the feedback

i decided to buy the 08 cayenne
here in 8 weeks.
black on black
just need to get some rims.

loved the ML and i genuinely think it is a better looker than the Cayenne but the brand kept me with Porsche... ;plus i can tune it.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:37 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by YSS
thanks for the feedback

i decided to buy the 08 cayenne
here in 8 weeks.
black on black
just need to get some rims.

loved the ML and i genuinely think it is a better looker than the Cayenne but the brand kept me with Porsche... ;plus i can tune it.

Congrats, Enjoy it in good health.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:19 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
I'm a Porsche fan like noone but...the ML is "out-of-mind"!

Old 01-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BobbySpeed
I iike the word alternative- because, for me and my family, there is nothing better than a Cayenne!
I second that though I have cayenne S, not turbo.
Looking forward to get turbo or turbo S.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:26 PM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
5 words: "Porsche, there is no substitute!"

Old 01-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Banned
hockey4848 is on a distinguished road
Cayenne is by far the best choice in my opinion. But the Range Rover is something i cant help but admire evertime i see one drive by, even though there are a ton of them on the road. They just seem to scream luxury for some reason. But i heard they arnt the most reliable cars.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:02 PM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BobbySpeed
5 words: "Porsche, there is no substitute!"
In the case with the Cayenne... YES...

Alan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne v alernatives