Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Gemballa Lowering Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 02:47 PM
BD 997 will become famous soon enough
good news.... I hope the MY08's have the same system...

Old 02-04-2007, 07:26 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
mine was 2004 I put it for 3 months, then I took it off a week befor I sold the car but there was no problems when I returned the factory unit
Dear Sirs!!! I mean as I mean- not from dealer, and not from customer side- but just for your own knowelege - if you has PASM - active suspension management - in your car, and if you whant this system working - you do not need think about, just follow instruction, anytime you change control unit - CALIBRATE suspension as well. it take about 10 min with piwis tester.

no problems for dealer - means no errors in memory, but they did not check all levels, as pressure in the sturts, very, VERY IMPORTANT parameters. It is great if you has no problems due using techart as p'n'p unit, but be sure - u did not use this unit propertly, your never put yor car to limit. have a good trips, Alex.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:30 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
Yes

Originally Posted by BD 997
good news.... I hope the MY08's have the same system...
Yes, fo sure, same hardware, but different software, special about 21" wheels.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:57 PM
so basically plug in the system and drive to dealer to have suspension calibrated... correct? But wont the dealer void your warranty once they see you installed gemballa or techart instead of oem? thats my main concern... it would be good if the dealer was NOT involved.

Old 02-04-2007, 08:43 PM
G_A
Correct for techart. Because you replace unit, if you install gemballa style unit you do not need calibrate suspension, but you should pride for dealer-will-never-open-right-panel-in-the-trunk) this is true( as for me - much more easy bring techart unit to dealer and pay about ,5 hour for all works, but switch on-off on another units very,VERY impressive. Regarding dealer involving- usually guys has skill n experience in cayenne, as base knowelege and porsche trainings - hope they care only about safety of you and your car on speeds over 250 kmh, thanks a lot.

Alex.

Old 02-04-2007, 08:59 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
thank you guys for all these information. to be honest I had no Idea about this but no problem now it's gone. that was 2 years ago

Old 02-05-2007, 10:50 AM
so basically Gemballa is better than Techart, because Gemaballa you dont have to calibrate... correct?

Old 02-05-2007, 11:08 AM
mja 996TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BD 997
so basically plug in the system and drive to dealer to have suspension calibrated... correct? But wont the dealer void your warranty once they see you installed gemballa or techart instead of oem? thats my main concern... it would be good if the dealer was NOT involved.
I feel just the opposite; I have my dealer involved with mods on both CTT and 996TT. I have the techart lowering module that they installed; my SM refused to install Rinspeed that required 'cutting wires' because that would void the warranty.

I'm sure that I have paid more over the years; however, it's worth it to have the piece of mind of knowing that first I'm safe and secondly that they'll work with me if there is a problem.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Fuzer is on a distinguished road
I currently have techart on my 2004 CS. Its been great so far; had it for about a year. I decided not to take it to the dealer and just follow the direction. No problems so far and I'm very happy with the results. I have pictures if anyone wants to see it. I dont have a host for it

Old 02-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Fuzer
I currently have techart on my 2004 CS. Its been great so far; had it for about a year. I decided not to take it to the dealer and just follow the direction. No problems so far and I'm very happy with the results. I have pictures if anyone wants to see it. I dont have a host for it
you have a PM

Old 03-09-2007, 06:20 PM
TwoK4drSi is on a distinguished road
So what's the verdict on this? Why would one module need to be calibrated while the other one not? PnP are always the best systems b/c to splice into factory wires means new harness if you mess up.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Fuzer
would you mind posting some pics? much appreciated!

Old 03-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by TwoK4drSi
So what's the verdict on this? Why would one module need to be calibrated while the other one not? PnP are always the best systems b/c to splice into factory wires means new harness if you mess up.
good question... can anyone answer??

Old 03-09-2007, 11:36 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Actually here in SF bay Area the Porsche Dealer can recalibrate after you install the Techart module.... that's what Sharky told me..

Old 03-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Aeroresh is on a distinguished road
Cant a dealer just calibrate the suspension heights to what ever they want on Cayennes?

On my old Range Rover, my dealer cocked up the ride height settings when the system had to be recalibrated after an air spring was replaced.

I was running 22" Overfinch wheels at the time which may have confused them slightly but the net result was a 50mm approx drop in normal ride height mode and no voided warranty!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gemballa Lowering Module