Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Nothing But Regrets... No Resale Value...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Secure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud ofSecure has much to be proud of
Are you upside down in the car?The difficult part that I run across most is that quite a few cayenne owners bought new and the value dropped so dramatically that its nearly impossible to recoup unless you have been paying $2500/mo payments since day one. The reality is that the Cayenne Turbo is one of if not the best grocery getter/haulassmobile available to this day. The ***** to it is that its expensive to maintain and drive. Everyone knows that its a gas/tire/brake hog. With that being said, potential buyers want one that is low mileage with warranty left as well as new tires and brakes. This has been my observation while shopping alot for them. I sold my 04 CTT at a loss because I was not willing to shell out an assload of money for some routine maintenance and tires. My local dealer bought me out of the car with a minimal loss but still over $1k. The reason I state this is because I want you to know that others have been where you are. You're not the only one!
Sorry that you are having problems selling it. Maybe you could post some details here and see if anyone is interested in helping you out. Alex already said he could dump it in the bay area....ya might talk more with him as he is a resident expert on p-car resale. You should be able to see why from his sig.

Last edited by Secure; 02-16-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Turbo955 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry about the mileage blunder... My old lady and I had it out over the Summer because she was daily driving the Cayenne 110 miles per day for like 6 months! We haven't gotten along since! The truck is in perfect condition other than that...

Old 02-16-2007, 05:49 PM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Turbo955
Sorry about the mileage blunder... My old lady and I had it out over the Summer because she was daily driving the Cayenne 110 miles per day for like 6 months! We haven't gotten along since! The truck is in perfect condition other than that...
Sounds like your Cayenne has really been enjoyed.

I know the feeling- it's hard to get in my Audi anymore because I just love driving my Cayenne.

Old 02-16-2007, 05:56 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SecureS4
Alex already said he could dump it in the bay area....ya might talk more with him as he is a resident expert on p-car resale. You should be able to see why from his sig.
I did?

Or you can lease a benz with 15K discount and swallow all those negative equities.. get a 27 month lease , and get out

Old 02-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
High Mileage with this car makes it not appealing. Sounds like the offers you have been getting are pretty good. I personally would pay only low wholesale bluebook with that mileage but thats just me. I personally care more about the miles than the hype of looks good, perfect condition,etc. Just my opinion.

Byron

Old 02-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Banned
SpeedDemon is an unknown quantity at this point
turbo 955 is there an ebay link?

Old 02-16-2007, 06:47 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
i sold our family 04 Cayenne S, yes a S, for 37k with 57,000 miles. car was clean & run great. it was in really good shape. passed it on to a member here btw. takes time finding the right person. good luck!

Old 02-16-2007, 07:11 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
You want to compare that with a grocery getter?
Interesting description, I'm afraid you're alone on this one. Great 4WD capability, on road manners, power, handling (for its size), and space. Basically, it covers most everything, and gives you some enjoyment and style while doing it. Grocery getter? Lets leave that description for the Volvo's.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:57 PM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
Okay, someone gave me a negative rep for defending Cayenne ownership? What's the deal? I always add positive comments and defend you guys.
Not nice at all.
I didn't really expect Jumper to be banned, just like you guys don't expect someone to be banned when you say. "post pics or you will be banned."
It was bad taste, whom ever did it (nameless and commentless).

Old 02-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Originally Posted by BobbySpeed
Okay, someone gave me a negative rep for defending Cayenne ownership? What's the deal? I always add positive comments and defend you guys.
Not nice at all.
I didn't really expect Jumper to be banned, just like you guys don't expect someone to be banned when you say. "post pics or you will be banned."
Bobby since you are concerned I just gave you a positive rep.

Aloha

Byron

Old 02-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the respect Byron!

Old 02-16-2007, 09:47 PM
jumper5836 has a spectacular aura aboutjumper5836 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by M5Kid
Interesting description, I'm afraid you're alone on this one. Great 4WD capability, on road manners, power, handling (for its size), and space. Basically, it covers most everything, and gives you some enjoyment and style while doing it. Grocery getter? Lets leave that description for the Volvo's.
True enough but by this description, I meant classifying the suv as a group. Not to many of us actually use these for driving through the bush and getting scratched up and risking damage. Most of us use it for people carrying and doing errands.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:47 PM
CamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really niceCamNeelyphile is just really nice
I'm on your team Bob.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:53 PM
jumper5836 has a spectacular aura aboutjumper5836 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BobbySpeed
Not nice at all.
I don’t feel too bad for ya. I lost all of mine. Just for having and expressing an opinion that is contradictory to the majority represented in the forum, that in which are biased because of said purchase.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by jumper5836
I don’t feel too bad for ya. I lost all of mine. Just for having and expressing an opinion that is contradictory to the majority represented in the forum, that in which are biased because of said purchase.
Contradict all you want, you truly are entitled to your opinion- but some of us are really crazy about our Cayennes and take it personally. When you say "The type of buyer that you need to find would have to be really stupid" you have to remember that we are Cayenne buyers and don't take lightly to being called "stupid."
I see that you too are a Cayenne owner, and I'm betting you're not stupid either- so treat yourself a little nicer too.
It's hard to swallow, so try not to think about re-sale and trade-in values.
Just enjoy it while you have it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nothing But Regrets... No Resale Value...