Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Valet Key?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 02:12 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Valet Key?

Just wondering if Porsche gives out a valet key with the Cayenne? Did anyone get one? My dealer did not give me one and I got 2 regular keys. Am I suppose to get anything else?

Old 08-31-2011, 02:24 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
I received just the 2 regular keys as well, no valet key.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:24 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Ok good to know

Old 08-31-2011, 02:46 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Ditto

Old 08-31-2011, 05:00 PM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
Why do you want a valet key?

The original keys comes with imbedded 2nd keys (one in each key) which is used to lock/unlock the glove compartment effectively replacing the valet key. This is removable so you can valet your car and lock the glove compartment. Almost like a reverse valet key.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by bruinxman
Why do you want a valet key?

The original keys comes with imbedded 2nd keys (one in each key) which is used to lock/unlock the glove compartment effectively replacing the valet key. This is removable so you can valet your car and lock the glove compartment. Almost like a reverse valet key.
Only tried once, but I still haven't figured out how to open the key. It was late so I didn't get a chance to ask the salesman. I see the button, but nothing pops out or anything. I'll probably swing by and ask the salesman when I get a chance.

About your question, actually it doesn't really matter. I wouldn't ever use it anyways. Last time I valeted a car, it came back scratched. So, no way I would trust a valet to park my car again. I just wanted to make sure I have the full set of keys.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:49 PM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by No.92
Only tried once, but I still haven't figured out how to open the key. It was late so I didn't get a chance to ask the salesman. I see the button, but nothing pops out or anything. I'll probably swing by and ask the salesman when I get a chance.

About your question, actually it doesn't really matter. I wouldn't ever use it anyways. Last time I valeted a car, it came back scratched. So, no way I would trust a valet to park my car again. I just wanted to make sure I have the full set of keys.
The wife has the car today so I don't have the key but its pretty easy to flip out just switch the lever over and it pops out.

Yeah I'm not a fan of valeting my car either.