Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Any slick radar/laser Cayenne installs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 06:22 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Why better? The main difference between the two (both have laser protection when the K40 has defuser EX installed) would be the GPS aspects of the Belltronics system. Where I live and travel most there aren't speed cameras, and majority of the time, not any laser. I would add the laser protection as to have it done and complete. I like that with the K40, you don't have to have anything installed as far as a controller or monitor. Keeps the interior clean.

Would love to hear more thoughts.

J

Old 12-28-2011, 12:02 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Decided to go with the K40. Will have it installed with the Defuser X2 system next Wednesday. Will post pics when finished.

J

Old 12-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Ken Brookings is on a distinguished road
One person's experience, take from it what you will:
I have a Maserati Quattroporte. In it is a properly installed K-40 system. I also mounted a visor level Valentine One. Drove around with both operating for a couple years. The V1 performed WAY better than the K-40 on radar. It would alert sooner every time, and the K-40 would never alert sooner. And the difference in distance to target before alert was dramatically different between the two units. I had the K-40 rechecked, sensors replaced, moved to different locations - made no difference. This was a great disappointment to me as I loved the elegance of the K-40 and of course had paid a lot of money to have it installed. Eventually though I just turned off the K-40.

My Cayenne S arrives in February, would love to do some slick camo installation but have to believe it will be better than my trusty old V1.

Ken

Old 12-28-2011, 04:19 PM
race3 is on a distinguished road
had my gps moved for my 9500ci to under the front bumper (because it wasn't working thru heated windshield)... and works much better now.

The 9500ci is definitely better than the k40 in every test i've seen. I also like having just one system, both for radar and laser jamming together. and the gps greatly eliminates false signals which I recommend.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:20 PM
I had the K40 installed yesterday. Shop did a fantastic job. So far, great. Had to disable X due to active cruise and parking sensors. I have not a lot of falsing. Haven't encountered any LEOs yet. Picked a couple of banks up today, but I have marked them and their signature with GPS. So, we shall see.

Interesting enough, I thought we didn't have much laser use in KY. Spoke with an ex State Trooper friend last night, and apparently being rapidly deployed/adopted here. So, glad I went ahead and did it.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
I had the K40 installed yesterday. Shop did a fantastic job. So far, great. Had to disable X due to active cruise and parking sensors. I have not a lot of falsing. Haven't encountered any LEOs yet. Picked a couple of banks up today, but I have marked them and their signature with GPS. So, we shall see.

Interesting enough, I thought we didn't have much laser use in KY. Spoke with an ex State Trooper friend last night, and apparently being rapidly deployed/adopted here. So, glad I went ahead and did it.
no issues at all with my 9500ci and the active cruise control or parking sensors, etc. x band still works as normal.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:21 AM
I misspoke. It was K band that was deactivated.

J

Old 01-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
I misspoke. It was K band that was deactivated.

J
if that's the case, you should fix it. you can be ok without X band... which is mostly automatic doors, etc. But k band is still used by police radar, so I wouldn't deactivate that.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:14 AM
I will double check with the tech that installed.