Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Sport Design Steering Stalk?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 01:00 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Sport Design Steering Stalk?

Hi,
Anyone with a sport steering can confirm if the extra stalk will let you navigate through menus and submenus in the TFT display?
If that is the case, can it be possible to select tracks, find a phone contact and make the call, answer the phone, etc?

I am trying to decide between both steering wheels in my 991 configuration.
Please let us Know

Old 11-10-2011, 05:40 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by galion
Hi,
Anyone with a sport steering can confirm if the extra stalk will let you navigate through menus and submenus in the TFT display?
If that is the case, can it be possible to select tracks, find a phone contact and make the call, answer the phone, etc?

I am trying to decide between both steering wheels in my 991 configuration.
Please let us Know
Haven't tried making a phone call with it, but you can definitely select tracks to play

Old 11-10-2011, 06:12 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Yes, you can access the phonebook, previous calls and missed calls with the stalk. You can select and call any of those numbers. If an entry has multiple numbers, selecting it with the stalk will then display those numbers for you to select.

You can scroll through all submenus with the stalk and make entries.

J

Old 11-10-2011, 06:13 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Additionally, this is my second 958 TT with the stalk, and if I were to get any Porsche from here on out, I would have it with SportDesign steering wheel, stalk and voice control.

J

Old 11-10-2011, 09:02 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Thanks guys!
The better looking Sport Design steering wheel with paddle shifting and the ability to use the phone and select tracks without taking the hands off the steering is the best of both worlds to me.
Now the multi-Function steering wheel simply doesnt make sense.
Any additional inputs will be highly appreciated.