Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New Cayenne HERE! 31 days after build!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 08:58 AM
2012CV6 is on a distinguished road
New Cayenne HERE! 31 days after build!

I am super pumped...just got my wife's new 2012 Cayenne V6 last night picked up from Woodhouse Porsche of Omaha (incredible guys, highly recommend)! The best part? It was built on October 21st and it showed up to the dealership only 31 days later on November 22nd! To me, this was a VERY fast turnaround. We ordered:

Auburn Metallic (awesome awesome color in person)
Standard Black interior
Tiptronic
Premium Plus
Bose
Pano Roof
Entry and Drive
Crest on Armrest
Colored Key (so worth it...also, this is a third key, not just painting one of two originals)
Key pouch in leather
cayenne aluminum kick plates
high gloss black window surround
Interior in Walnut including Gear shifter
Multi function steering wheel in Walnut

Last but not least...I LOVE THE COMPASS. I ordered it for the look, and was disappointed when I heard clocks were standard...but now that I have it..I love it so much. It tells was degree of direction you are and the elevation too..HIGHLY recommend!!

I must say the auburn on black is quite nice! And the Walnut...my only regret is not getting the grab handles in walnut, but my wife picked it all out and wanted leather on those...

The car is incredible and we are more than pleased with out selection!

Trev

Last edited by 2012CV6; 11-23-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:43 AM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Great choice of options! Post photos please!

How long was the wait from time of ordering to actual production? Why is everybody still quoting 4 months?

Old 11-23-2011, 10:11 AM
jbsport is on a distinguished road
Great news. I recieved word from the dealer that my car came into RI last Tuesday the 15th. As of last Friday it has passed inspection and was waiting for transport to Chicago. I really hope I can pick it up this weekend. How long did it take from port to dealer for you?

Old 11-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2012CV6
I am super pumped...just got my wife's new 2012 Cayenne V6 last night picked up from Woodhouse Porsche of Omaha (incredible guys, highly recommend)! The best part? It was built on October 21st and it showed up to the dealership only 31 days later on November 22nd! To me, this was a VERY fast turnaround. We ordered:

Auburn Metallic (awesome awesome color in person)
Standard Black interior
Tiptronic
Premium Plus
Bose
Pano Roof
Entry and Drive
Crest on Armrest
Colored Key (so worth it...also, this is a third key, not just painting one of two originals)
Key pouch in leather
cayenne aluminum kick plates
high gloss black window surround
Interior in Walnut including Gear shifter
Multi function steering wheel in Walnut

Last but not least...I LOVE THE COMPASS. I ordered it for the look, and was disappointed when I heard clocks were standard...but now that I have it..I love it so much. It tells was degree of direction you are and the elevation too..HIGHLY recommend!!

I must say the auburn on black is quite nice! And the Walnut...my only regret is not getting the grab handles in walnut, but my wife picked it all out and wanted leather on those...

The car is incredible and we are more than pleased with out selection!

Trev
grats! interesting list of cars you've owned.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Thank you for the compliments everyone! Yes...I enjoy sporty japanese cars and luxury ones alike

911 is next up to bat since I sold the MKIV Supra

To be clear, it was 31 days from build to dealer delivery, however, we placed the order in late August. That type of wait can still be expected. Many people mistake the terms ordering the car and actual build date. Once you order it, it basically just hops in line behind other orders and waits for its day to be built. Pics to come soon!

Trev

Last edited by 2012CV6; 11-23-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:17 PM
GIjbop will become famous soon enoughGIjbop will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the update! Now I have an idea when mine will arrive!
Ordered V6 Sept 15
Build completion date is dec 15

So looks like mid January might be the arrival based on this post , but I'm in Canada so will see.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:09 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
pic! pic! pic!

Old 11-26-2011, 07:04 PM
roseden is on a distinguished road
My Cayenne arrived in port in RI on the 16th of November. The dealer is no more than 2 hours from the port, just north of Boston. Cayenne is still not at dealer. Frustration overload!!!

Old 11-26-2011, 07:59 PM
I am in the same situtation. Mine came in on the 16th too and still at the port. Very frustrating.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Is yours going just north of Boston? Another posting has a person from IDAHO getting theirs 31 days from manufacturing completion. Seriously, last time I checked Idaho was landlocked. The only reason I can see fro it taking this long is the dealer is waiting for their car carrier to fill up.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Sorry...I meant Omaha. And Omaha is landlocked as well.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:38 PM
All of them used to go to east coast ports which took forever, but now many go to a port in Texas which is much faster.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:37 AM
I am in Chicago, so my port is Davisville. There must be a back up at the port due to the holiday weekend.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:59 PM
race3 is on a distinguished road
how did you guys track when your car got to the port? Did your dealer tell you or is there a tool online to track the car with the VIN #?? thanks.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:43 PM
2012cayenne is on a distinguished road
My CS was supposedly completed on 11/3 and I got a call this past Friday that it will be at my dealer in NY tomorrow (Monday) and I can pick it up Tuesday. Can't wait.

Now just trying to figure out financing (Porsche quted me 3.49 %) and if I should take tire and rim insurance. I'll have the Spyder RS wheels on all season tires.

Any thoughts on either (thanks to those who have already commented in my other thread about financing - more suggestions welcome).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Cayenne HERE! 31 days after build!