Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

List of things to consider when picking up vehicle...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 08:45 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
List of things to consider when picking up vehicle...

I'm trying to put a list together of items we should look out for when picking up our vehicles from the dealer.

1. Service campaign WB40 and WB29
2. Ask about latest software flash upgrade (not sure if #1 will handle that)
3. Verify miles on the vehicle. The typical vehicle should have around 25 miles.
4. Verify if your vehicle has a front license plate frame (for those states that require front licenses)
5. Verify any dents or scratches on the vehicle
6. Call car insurance immediately to put the vehicle on

Last, but not least, verify you got all the options you ordered (duh. actually something this simple is sometimes missed)

Anything I missed including the obvious?

Old 02-07-2012, 10:44 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Our delivery was satisfactory and hassle free. The only gripe I had was the detailing they did was really poor. I had finger prints on windows inside and out, and the worse part was the excessive use of armorall on tires which splashes all over the fender and wheel wells, and it attracted brake dust that was difficult to get off. So if I were to do it again, mention no tire dressing!

Also:
1. Check for spare tire, electric air pump, wheel lock, and tools pouch
2. XM satellite activated (ours weren't, had to call ourselves)
3. manuals are in the car
4. second set of key

Old 02-08-2012, 03:35 AM
V10M is on a distinguished road
Rusnak Pasadena told me that PCNA does not allow dealers to apply tire dressing on any vehicles anymore because it sometimes gets into the brakes. Also the splashing on the fenders is a likely reason. Mine was delivered in January 2012 with no tire dressing.

1. Bring a tire pressure gauge. Dealers are notorious for over-inflating tires upon delivery. Mine crept up to over 52lbs on the drive home. Or if you don't bring the gauge, use the PCM multi-function display to adjust tire pressures.
2. Verify that front plate holder is there, but I specifically req not to be put on. I had to sign a waiver (I'm in Cali as well)
3. When signing paperwork, you will no doubt be upsold on extras. I actually picked up a service plan that waives tax and lowers total cost (since paid upfront) for the req oil changes and 1 or 2 major services. If you are bringing to the dealer to do the work, might as well get a discount.
4. Depending on your wheel / tire combo, you might consider the Safeguard wheel / tire warranty. For $1195, it gives peace of mind to scuffed / bent rims and *nails*. The 21" Michellin Lat Sports run over $500 a piece. And driving in So Cal, I have taken over 6 nails in 5 years on my vehicles. And the wife has a history of curb rashing wheels.
5. When you get home, it is a good idea to re-torque the lugs. If they were over-tightened, you'll catch it early. I believe that Porsche recommends 118 lbs per lug.

And congrats on the new ride!

Last edited by V10M; 02-08-2012 at 03:47 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:42 AM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Watch out for the "wheel" insurance coverage offered and read the fine print carefully. I almost got the option but reconsidered when it was not clear about what was covered. Ultimately the brand the dealer was selling did NOT cover curb rash and only covered replacement if the tire would not hold air (bent wheel, etc.). Dealer cost was under $700 and they offered it to me for $927. I turned it down since it would take 2 tires to be replaced within 3-4 years to pay for the coverage...

Old 02-08-2012, 06:06 AM
Safeguard is the company that was sold to us. They cover wheel rash and any other kind of damage with repair / replace. Tires were replace only and incl nail damage. Basically, it can be used at any tire shop as well as dealer.

Another dealership which a friend picked up another brand of car, sold Safeguard as well. Their ppl actually implied that "if your tires are worn and there happens to be a nail...." Yet another SA from another dealership told me he has seen 4 nails in 4 tires within 1 week and was replaced "without question." Of course I am not condoning this type of claim, but Safeguard seems to have a reputation of covering their clients well.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by V10M

And congrats on the new ride!

Actually, I don't have it yet. I will in the next few weeks.

And thanks everyone for the feedback. A lot of good info before and during the vehicle pickup.

By the way, I hate the sales people at Rusnak Pasadena.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:28 AM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
I can't say I like any of the car sales people I've ran into in the past. But if they give enough discount and don't hassle me, I'd give them my business.

Rusnak is bad both sales and service...

Frank what is your build details?

Old 02-10-2012, 11:16 AM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by frank69m
Actually, I don't have it yet. I will in the next few weeks.

And thanks everyone for the feedback. A lot of good info before and during the vehicle pickup.

By the way, I hate the sales people at Rusnak Pasadena.
Haha these guys are the closest to me but I ended up going somewhere else since they wouldn't cut a deal. Who are you dealing with at Rusnak?

Old 02-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
"By the way, I hate the sales people at Rusnak Pasadena"

Hahha, I feel the same way. They said they would take of this, take care of that blah blah blah but when come to "taking care" of you, you have to remind them. They're not just manipulative, but also great at acting stupid. When I reminded him that he said he would take care of it after delivery (since my delivery was near closing hour so was promised to be taken care of at another day) his reply: "that's something I would say but I don't recall ever saying that." WTF! Oh, and don't get me started with their service department...I know I'm not alone here.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:31 PM
I've dealt with McKenna and DTLA and was referred to a specific salesperson at Rusnak. McKenna did me wrong as did DTLA. My sales guy at Rusnak has been great. He gets back to me via email, txt and phone call throughout the entire ordering/waiting/delivery/post sales even when he was on vacation. It was honestly the best sales experience I've had with any car dealership. Very professional and accomadating. His name is Henrik Voskanian.

As far as service is concerned, I cannot comment as the CS has not been in yet. But asking around from different sources along with Internet Forum searches, I hear Mike Barcelona in Service is the guy to work with (they only have 3 SA's, from what I understand). I hope their service does not let me down.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:21 PM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by V10M
I've dealt with McKenna and DTLA and was referred to a specific salesperson at Rusnak. McKenna did me wrong as did DTLA. My sales guy at Rusnak has been great. He gets back to me via email, txt and phone call throughout the entire ordering/waiting/delivery/post sales even when he was on vacation. It was honestly the best sales experience I've had with any car dealership. Very professional and accomadating. His name is Henrik Voskanian.

As far as service is concerned, I cannot comment as the CS has not been in yet. But asking around from different sources along with Internet Forum searches, I hear Mike Barcelona in Service is the guy to work with (they only have 3 SA's, from what I understand). I hope their service does not let me down.
McKenna is the WORST. One of my buddy's uncle knows the McKenna family and I got a reference into their sales manager. Within 5 minutes I remembered why I didn't even both going to McKenna BMW for my M3. The guy says to me: "Because you are a family friend referral, I can give you the Cayenne for MSRP.". I basically told him to kiss my @$$ but a little nicer. It was like he was doing me some big favor. I've heard on the M3 forums that McKenna has the worst sales and worst service department (I've never been dumb enough to go there for service).

Old 02-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by steph280
I can't say I like any of the car sales people I've ran into in the past. But if they give enough discount and don't hassle me, I'd give them my business.

Rusnak is bad both sales and service...

Frank what is your build details?

Cayenne S
Jet Black Metallic
20" RS Spyders
Bose Audio Package
Premium Package
Reverse Camera

See you around Irvine

Old 02-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by bruinxman
Haha these guys are the closest to me but I ended up going somewhere else since they wouldn't cut a deal. Who are you dealing with at Rusnak?
You know. I forgot his name, but he had a heavy Russian accent.

I'll start a new post with my dealings with Southern Cal Dealers.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by frank69m
You know. I forgot his name, but he had a heavy Russian accent.

I'll start a new post with my dealings with Southern Cal Dealers.
I think that's a great idea and hopefully both forum members and dealers can chime in.