Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

How do you change the clock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 02:57 PM
2012cayenne is on a distinguished road
How do you change the clock?

And I'm usually pretty technical. Just can't figure out how to change the clock and no, I haven't checked the manual yet.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:32 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 2012cayenne
And I'm usually pretty technical. Just can't figure out how to change the clock and no, I haven't checked the manual yet.
Here you go. I'm assuming you need to adjust for DST.

Name:  8ac7e98e.jpg
Views: 2436
Size:  69.3 KB

Name:  f8d6ae27.jpg
Views: 2345
Size:  65.2 KB

Name:  fccc1bd7.jpg
Views: 2371
Size:  77.0 KB

Name:  33137c6d.jpg
Views: 2305
Size:  78.0 KB

Old 03-14-2012, 08:55 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
You don't need manual when VinceV is around

Old 03-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by kw911TT
You don't need manual when VinceV is around
Lol thanks.

I just realized, every time I take a PCM pic, my darn Cayenne is on empty. Got to stop stopping for gas 3 times a day putting in only $5 at a time

Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 AM
2012cayenne is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VinceV
Lol thanks.

I just realized, every time I take a PCM pic, my darn Cayenne is on empty. Got to stop stopping for gas 3 times a day putting in only $5 at a time
Thanks VinceV. I'll try it next time I am in the car. I'm assuming your telling me to just use my steering wheel controls and on top of the screen that shows oil level, ect will be a "vehicle" option to select? Then go from there?

Old 03-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by 2012cayenne
Thanks VinceV. I'll try it next time I am in the car. I'm assuming your telling me to just use my steering wheel controls and on top of the screen that shows oil level, ect will be a "vehicle" option to select? Then go from there?
Correct use the scroll button on your multi function steering wheels. The scroll on the upper right side of the steering wheel. You push down on it to activate the highlight.

Just start off at the vehicle screen, then highlight and click settings instead of oil level, from there Date & Time, then if your trying to set for Daylight Saving click on Summer Time. If you are trying to adjust the clock because it is way off on the hours and minutes, then you would highlight the time and adjust from there.

Last edited by VinceV; 03-15-2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Cleaned up spelling
Old 03-15-2012, 09:21 AM
DanZah is on a distinguished road
VinceV - your pictoral on changing the time was easy to follow, intuitive, and surpassed the recent Porsche official instructions in a mass communication to Porsche owners on changing between our (politician mandated) Daylight time cycles. Kudos to you. Thanks. You should offer your insight and talent to Porsche. I spend much of the year overseas, where there are no changes to time. Most laugh at us and can't comprehend the audacity to "change" time. I bet the cost of these twice yearly changes equal or surpasses any supposed energy savings. The same goes for any "safety" arguement.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by DanZah
VinceV - your pictoral on changing the time was easy to follow, intuitive, and surpassed the recent Porsche official instructions in a mass communication to Porsche owners on changing between our (politician mandated) Daylight time cycles. Kudos to you. Thanks. You should offer your insight and talent to Porsche. I spend much of the year overseas, where there are no changes to time. Most laugh at us and can't comprehend the audacity to "change" time. I bet the cost of these twice yearly changes equal or surpasses any supposed energy savings. The same goes for any "safety" arguement.
Thanks, I appreciated the kind words.

I figured a few simple pics would be much easier than a detailed explanation. Kind of like the old OSS manuals during WW II.

Yeah, as you I'm not a fan of DST, maybe we should all move to Arizona in protest.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:53 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
My 2013 911 C2S shows a different time on the lower right hand corner of the central screen (navigation screen). I know how to change the time on the PCM screen, but the time on the nav screen keeps displaying the wrong time. Any solutions to this?

Old 11-30-2016, 08:18 AM
garymyman is on a distinguished road
Wait a sec: why doesn't my Cayenne have this fancy display for temps and pressure? I have a 2011 V6, is this on newer Cayennes or better-engined Cayennes?

Old 11-30-2016, 10:53 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Gary, RTFM applies. You can customize what appears, line by line on the Vehicle Display screen. I don't find a need to duplicate oil and water temp displays, so I have a compass and boost display.