Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Window Tinting in OC / LA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:55 AM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
Window Tinting in OC / LA

I know there was a lot of noise around window tinting the past few months so I thought I'd share my experience (steph280 also had his cayenne done here - thanks again for shooting over the pics of your car so I had a point of reference beforehand).

I got the CS tinted at TW Tinting in Santa Ana just off the 55 Freeway (next to Crevier BMW which is where I picked up my M3).

Leo runs the place...he is knowledgeable and passionate about what he does...just a good guy all around. I ended up going with 20% Wincos ceramic all around. Due to the factory windows on the back, the front and back don't match slightly. BUT this is only really noticeable from certain angles. They will never really match even w/o factory tint (to the naked eye) due to the simple fact that the front windshield is not tinted thus allowing more light in the front giving an appearance of the front tint being lighter than the back tint. From many angles the tint looks like it matches very closely and from certain angles it looks like a perfect match. All around very happy with its looks.

With that said, the Wincos ceramic tint is awesome. On the drive home I had to turn the AC down because it was getting too cold...that's how much it changes the temp inside the car. Leo has a heat lamp in his store and you can feel the difference between the various tints and how much heat is dissipated by what type of tint. They are also very price competitive as I checked around and other shops charge more for the Wincos ceramic tint especially on the Cayenne.

As usual this Thread is useless without pictures so I'll try to attach a few pictures later (I need to compress the pictures to fit the size limit).

I highly recommend TW Tinting for those in the area.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:08 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Leo is a great guy. I saw some imperfection in the front little triangle window, brought it back and they took care of me and was very apologetic. Some place will pretent they never seen you before as soon as you walk out the door, but not these guys.

Winco film has some amazing heat blockage properties. My black interior is no longer burning hot after sitting in the sun. My only regret is not getting the windshield done.

Great place!

Old 06-04-2012, 02:49 PM
As promised here are some pics. The tint is not reflective at all but the pics are from a late afternoon so it might seem reflective in certain angles.

Attached Images     
Old 09-11-2012, 12:55 AM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bruinxman
I know there was a lot of noise around window tinting the past few months so I thought I'd share my experience (steph280 also had his cayenne done here - thanks again for shooting over the pics of your car so I had a point of reference beforehand).

I got the CS tinted at TW Tinting in Santa Ana just off the 55 Freeway (next to Crevier BMW which is where I picked up my M3).

Leo runs the place...he is knowledgeable and passionate about what he does...just a good guy all around. I ended up going with 20% Wincos ceramic all around. Due to the factory windows on the back, the front and back don't match slightly. BUT this is only really noticeable from certain angles. They will never really match even w/o factory tint (to the naked eye) due to the simple fact that the front windshield is not tinted thus allowing more light in the front giving an appearance of the front tint being lighter than the back tint. From many angles the tint looks like it matches very closely and from certain angles it looks like a perfect match. All around very happy with its looks.

With that said, the Wincos ceramic tint is awesome. On the drive home I had to turn the AC down because it was getting too cold...that's how much it changes the temp inside the car. Leo has a heat lamp in his store and you can feel the difference between the various tints and how much heat is dissipated by what type of tint. They are also very price competitive as I checked around and other shops charge more for the Wincos ceramic tint especially on the Cayenne.

As usual this Thread is useless without pictures so I'll try to attach a few pictures later (I need to compress the pictures to fit the size limit).

I highly recommend TW Tinting for those in the area.
Bruin..how's the wincos coming along for you? I notice a slight glare when looking into the rearview along the defroster lines on my 30/45 tint.

I think I want to go 20 rear now as the 30 was too
light ( I don't want limo tint blacked out either )..I'll keep then fronts so the police can see the contrast and leave me alone..

Old 09-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by vg247
Bruin..how's the wincos coming along for you? I notice a slight glare when looking into the rearview along the defroster lines on my 30/45 tint.

I think I want to go 20 rear now as the 30 was too
light ( I don't want limo tint blacked out either )..I'll keep then fronts so the police can see the contrast and leave me alone..
The heat reduction is great...it rarely feels hot in the vehicle. The look, clarity and darkness all are great. I'm glad I went 20 all around with these blazing past few weeks in SoCal.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:29 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
We got two of our cars done with Wincos 20% all around and love them. Going to take another one to Leo once he's not so busy with the summer crowd.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:25 PM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Cool - SOLD, thanks for coming back and chiming in guys.

I'll re-do my 3 rears to 20% and keep the fronts @45% (to escape our lovely' CA PD's hassle)