Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Thermally and Noise Insulated Privacy Glass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 01:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
On the heat rejecting end, here is our comparison with Porsche's Thermal Insulated Glass vs. regular glass with a high-end nano tint - Spectra PhotoSync:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...mal-glass.html

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 12-19-2015, 03:00 AM
negb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bones boy
Heated Windshield for Thermally/Noise Insulated Privacy Glass $490
Does 'Privacy' means privacy because of tinted glass ? What I want to ask is if there is possibility to get new Porsche with tinted windows at the factory ?

Old 12-19-2015, 08:27 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by negb
Does 'Privacy' means privacy because of tinted glass ? What I want to ask is if there is possibility to get new Porsche with tinted windows at the factory ?
From the Premier link above:

It is laminated glass with an IR tint built into the laminate. This option is only for the rear glasses (behind front pgr and driver doors)

Open the link and check out their research and pictures.

Old 03-11-2016, 11:05 AM
Today I have measured "VLT" - visible light transmission on my OEM "Privacy" heat-insulating glass windows:
front side driver's/passenger's 35% (by the law has to be not less 70%)
front window 75% (by the law has to be not less 75%)

I see that it is double glass which has built in a film (or something).

Question is how is possible that front side driver's/passenger's windows are twice darker then law requires in Germany and car is made for Germany market ? (I'm talking about front side windows not less then 70%, not sure for a front window requirements in Germany but in my country is not less 75%)

Or..... those front side windows glasses has been changed ???

Old 03-11-2016, 07:51 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by negb
Today I have measured "VLT" - visible light transmission on my OEM "Privacy" heat-insulating glass windows:
front side driver's/passenger's 35% (by the law has to be not less 70%)
front window 75% (by the law has to be not less 75%)

I see that it is double glass which has built in a film (or something).

Question is how is possible that front side driver's/passenger's windows are twice darker then law requires in Germany and car is made for Germany market ? (I'm talking about front side windows not less then 70%, not sure for a front window requirements in Germany but in my country is not less 75%)

Or..... those front side windows glasses has been changed ???

You sure they weren't tinted at some point? My '05 has the heat glass but I don't think my front windows are anywhere near that dark.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:03 AM
I'm sure 100% . And as I said there is a film (or something) in the middle of the glass.

Let's say even if they would be tinted, to drive the car with tinted widows in Germany is 99,9% impossible , I know most from this forum are from USA so I assume that isn't easy to understand that guys for you .... but it is sad reality when we talk about tinted windows here in EU.....