Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My Cayenne Arrived!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:22 AM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
My Cayenne Arrived!

After the usual wait, my Cayenne arrived at the dealership Friday and I picked it up the next day. The configuration summary is as follows:

2013 Cayenne Base

N4 - Dark Blue Metallic Exterior
MC - Standard Luxor Beige Interior

Options list

PU3 - Premium package plus which includes:
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with navigation module
Bi-Xenon ™ headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
Driver Memory Package
Moonroof
Auto Dimming Mirrors
Servotronic
Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
ParkAssist (front/rear)
Heated Steering Wheel
Lane Change Assist
Rearview Camera
Electric roll-up sunscreen for rear side
Light Comfort Package
Heated Seats (front/rear)
Seat Ventilation (front)

PU6 - Bose Audio Package which includes:
Bose® Surround Sound System
Six-disc CD/DVD changer
SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Receiver

1D6 -Trailer hitch without tow ball
3S1 - Roof Rails and Moldings with Matte Aluminum-Look Finish
VW5 - Thermally and Noise Insulated Privacy Glass
0AW - Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
1BK - Air Suspension with self-leveling andheight adjustment with PASM
G1G - 8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto Start/Stop Function
C1J - 18" Cayenne Wheel
1NP - Wheel Hub Cover with Colored Porsche Crest
2ZH - Heated Three-spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel
9AH - 4-zone Climate Control
5ZF - Porsche Crest embossed on front and rear headrests
6F8 - Center console armrest with model specific logo
7M7 - Door sill guards in stainless steel, illuminated
AEU - Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment
QR1 - Compass Display on Instrument Panel

For those who want the current order-to-delivery time, this is what it took

Order date - 4/28/12 with projected Aug/Sept delivery
Build date of 8/14 confirmed on 5/17/12
Verified in body shop on 7/30/12
VIN received on 8/16/12
On vessel 8/17/12
Arrived at Port (Brunswick) 8/30/12
Released from Port 9/6/12
At dealership 9/7/12

Still debating on the first upgrade, but it will probably be changing out the trim strips. Piano black is fine for now. Pics below.

Glad it is finally here!

Attached Images     
Old 09-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That looks simply stunning !! The Luxor Beige goes great with the Blue Metallic. As far as the upgrades I would consider changing the side marker lights over to the Euro style.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:42 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful color combo,elegantly put together..well done
Happy trails

Old 09-10-2012, 11:51 AM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
That looks simply stunning !! The Luxor Beige goes great with the Blue Metallic. As far as the upgrades I would consider changing the side marker lights over to the Euro style.
It's on my "to do" list. I have them, just haven't had the time to do the install. I did manage to swap the drivers side external mirror for one of the European style aspheric mirrors. Made a big difference in the blind spot visibility.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:46 PM
greg_g is on a distinguished road
Picked up my '13 CD ten days ago, and just got off the phone with dealer service advisor. Auto-Hold only works uphill, not on that flat as described by the Porsche Technology website. Female electrical connector at trailer hitch is missing. And thumb shifters only upshift. No capability to downshift in manual other than at the gearshift lever itself.

Another thing I have to investigate, is some protection for the rear bumper cover. I've unloaded two unwieldly boxes through the back already, and both left scratches in the paint. The first time was from a staple, so the second time I used a piece of carpet between the box and the bumper cover. Didn't help, damned carpet backing scratched the paint too.

Just something for you to be on the lookout for.

//greg//

Last edited by greg_g; 09-10-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Daniel Coldwell is on a distinguished road
congrats

Old 09-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by greg_g
Picked up my '13 CD ten days ago, and just got off the phone with dealer service advisor. Auto-Hold only works uphill, not on that flat as described by the Porsche Technology website. Female electrical connector at trailer hitch is missing. And thumb shifters only upshift. No capability to downshift in manual other than at the gearshift lever itself.

Another thing I have to investigate, is some protection for the rear bumper cover. I've unloaded two unwieldly boxes through the back already, and both left scratches in the paint. The first time was from a staple, so the second time I used a piece of carpet between the box and the bumper cover. Didn't help, damned carpet backing scratched the paint too.

//greg//
Good info, thanks. Autohold kicked in yesterday on my sloped driveway. I was aware that the female connector would probably be missing. You can get the parts you need on Amazon without paying the Porsche premium. Here are a couple of links:

http://www.amazon.com/Pollak-11-893P-7-Way-Sealed-Socket/dp/B000B6NQHW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347306816&sr=8-1&keywords=7-POLE+RV+SOCKET%2C

http://www.elecdirect.com/product/7d...e85164ebf.aspx

Wasn't aware of the functionality issue with the thumb shifters, was expecting them to be the same as my 09 911 PDK

Thanks for the warning on the rear bumper paint. I've already installed a Weathertech mat in the back, will lookout for the bumper itself

Old 09-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Cowboys5 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by greg_g

//greg//

Greg, I had exactly the same thought on the rear bumber cover - seems awfully exposed. I thought there must be some rubber strip that fits across it to protect it, but I haven't investigated it further. Please keep us posted if you find out anything more on this. Thx.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:59 PM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by wwilliams88
Good info, thanks. Autohold kicked in yesterday on my sloped driveway. I was aware that the female connector would probably be missing. You can get the parts you need on Amazon without paying the Porsche premium. Here are a couple of links:

http://www.amazon.com/Pollak-11-893P-7-Way-Sealed-Socket/dp/B000B6NQHW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347306816&sr=8-1&keywords=7-POLE+RV+SOCKET%2C

http://www.elecdirect.com/product/7d...e85164ebf.aspx
Thank for the links and the heads up. I never bothered to look at my car and see the wiring is there but there is a flat plate covering up the connectors. Am I correct to assume then that the first item is the part that plugs in after you remove the plate? And the second item is just an adapter to the old 4 pin style? If so, that's exactly what I should have already had! When you get the first part, do you get the screws needed to connect it to the car or do you use the screws that hold on the plate or ? Thanks.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:37 PM
SeaCay is on a distinguished road
There is a Cayenne reversible carpet/rubber cargo liner with a vinyl flap attached via velcro with the flap used to cover the rear bumper when loading/unloading. Parts dept at the dealer ordered it for me and it looks and works great.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by nhirsch
Thank for the links and the heads up. I never bothered to look at my car and see the wiring is there but there is a flat plate covering up the connectors. Am I correct to assume then that the first item is the part that plugs in after you remove the plate? And the second item is just an adapter to the old 4 pin style? If so, that's exactly what I should have already had! When you get the first part, do you get the screws needed to connect it to the car or do you use the screws that hold on the plate or ? Thanks.
Yes and yes to the first two. The wiring harness is behind the flat plate. Pull the plate off, plug the wiring harness into the 7 pin socket and attached the socket to the location previously occupied by the flat plate using the four screws you removed. Then use the 7 pin to 4 pin adaptor as needed.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by nhirsch
When you get the first part, do you get the screws needed to connect it to the car or do you use the screws that hold on the plate or ?
Neither, because you're right - it should already have been installed. I just pointed it out to the service manager that the Porsche configurator clearly states the $650 trailer towing option INCLUDES the female electrical connector. He's turned it back over to the sales guys to sort out.

//greg//

Last edited by greg_g; 09-10-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by SeaCay
There is a Cayenne reversible carpet/rubber cargo liner with a vinyl flap attached via velcro with the flap used to cover the rear bumper when loading/unloading. Parts dept at the dealer ordered it for me and it looks and works great.
Must be local to that dealer, mine knows nothing about it. And if it's in the Porsche accessory catalog, I missed it. Would you be so kind as to provide amplifying info; make/manufacture/part number/photo - anything to point me in the right direction.....

//greg//

Old 09-10-2012, 06:12 PM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
I took it apart to see. The cover plate is actually more than a plate, it is molded to include "blank" part that surrounds and protects the connectors of the female receptacle. It attaches securely to the female receptacle just as if it was the real thing. The Pollak 11-893P 7-Way Sealed RV OEM Socket (not shown) will plug into the female receptacle and additionally uses the same secure connection to the female receptacle and then once together, mounts to the same metal bracket where the "blank" part mounted. In order to remove the secure connection of the blank to the female, you first have to remove a white colored "keeper". To remove the keeper, you have to lift the black tab up and back the keeper out. Then you push down on the same black tab to separate the blank from the female receptacle. It appears the Pollack part will go in the same way as the blank. I suppose Porsche could say the the female receptacle is in fact on the car and mounted, it just doesn't have the OEM adapter socket. Here are some pictures.

Attached Images      
Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Yup, understand all that. But here's a direct quote from the Porsche configurator that I used to build and order my trailer package: "Includes hitch without receiver/tow ball and includes female receptacle for trailer lights". Whereas technically your last photo is a receptacle, it won't accept a 7-blade trailer plug as-is. So rather than a "receptacle for trailer lights", it's a generic receptacle for the actual trailer plug receptacle.

That said, it's a $20 part and a 20 minute job. I'm not above doing it myself, but I want to try getting a little satisfaction out of this dealer first.

//greg//

Last edited by greg_g; 09-10-2012 at 06:40 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My Cayenne Arrived!