Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Roof Crossbars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 05:22 PM
oz390gta is on a distinguished road
Roof Crossbars

I have just taken delivery of my new GTS, I opted for the black roof rails and now want to get crossbars. Are there any that sit flush with the top of the rails? The only ones I can find all sit on top of the rails and in my opinion ruin the roof line. I do have the panorama roof so this might complicate things.

Oz390gta

Old 10-24-2012, 06:28 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
Having a bunch of stuff on the roof rails is really going to spoil the lines of the car. I would just have them in place when actually using them because of the wind resistance drag.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:54 PM
oz390gta is on a distinguished road
I am worried about damaging the rails by continuously installing and removing the racks.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:57 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
The black finish is more susceptible to showing scratches to bare metal than on a polished ss or aluminum piece. I haven’t seen the crossbars but my previous set had rubber contact pads for preventing any damage to the rails during adjusting their locations.It was easier and quicker as a two person job too.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:38 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
I like having the crossbars permanently installed, makes my life easier, but hate the wind noise in the cabin of such fine suv.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:36 AM
MIK911 will become famous soon enoughMIK911 will become famous soon enough
Updating an old thread. Has anyone found crossbars sit flush or low profile that fit onto the factory roof rails? The factory crossbars sit kinda high.