Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Yeeeahh!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 05:00 PM
boedhiman is on a distinguished road
LOL this guy is going nuts with his cayenne, you can go 120 mph+ in the US? where?

Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 PM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
Part of the excitement for the trip was knowing I was driving back and forth,
So the quick trip is ok. I'll update the drive next week when home.
My BMW x3 with an M trim sport package ( same color side skirts and bumpers exactly like the Porsche package)and M wheels started the trip early today...on a car carrier headed back to New York
Now that in driving not flying don't need 2 cars down here. The little x3 makes a nice spare in case it rains. Keep the CTT clean

Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
OK, at the risk of being a spoiler here, I have to ask if I'm the only one just a little offended at what the OP has done with and to this fine machine? 160 mph in the Bay Area? Really? Of course the car can easily go that fast. But what about others on the road? And taking a hose to the interior? Give me a break.

I am definitely envious of anyone who can lay down the coin for a superb car like this, especially at a much younger age than most, but can't say I'm impressed with the somewhat juvenile behavior. I like the enthusiasm about the car, but there is a limit isn't there?

Not being a Cayenne owner, especially a CT, perhaps I shouldn't be critical. But I just couldn't believe nobody else made any comments like mine on this post.

But as I said, Larry, I am very envious. Just try to enjoy it without endangering others, yourself, and that fine machine.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 PM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
You are not the only one. I didn't see him going 160 mph but I was a little offended at the seemingly careless use of the hose on such a fine vehicle and having the pictures taken as if it was a joke--however he's obviously enjoying his life and the car so no need to rain on his parade. I used to joke at my Grandma who still had the plastic covers on the back seat of her '64 Chevy after 6 years and when she gave it to me then the first thing I did was to take them off. It's kinda the same thing. My wife was so careful of her BMW when it was new that I suggested I would put a big scratch in it just so she'd get over it. Obviously didn't do that. When storms like Sandy destroy so many possessions and things, you realize what is important so maybe Larry has the right idea? I don't suppose Mother's Carnauba wax would like that approach though.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:14 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Congrats on the Turbo........I actually met you and your girlfriend at the World Road Show. We were talking about the Blue Turbo they had and you mentioned your order. Sounds like you are having a blast, but the hose.....damn!

Old 11-21-2012, 06:34 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Ok,first off..I enjoyed the witty write-up
I am always impressed by people good at creative writing and also willing to take the time to share their words
Including a few pics was an added bonus
Thanks again for sharing
As far as the hose. ...
Though as someone who owns a body shop,I imagine he knows what he is doing..and after all it is HIS car
So I am delighted he is having such a good time with the fruit of his labor
Kudos to you LArry,I like your style
Ps:One can only recommend following all laws and speed limits..however,I have no doubt that when he briefly exceeded the limit..it was on an unobstructed road,with no other cars around-which is what I love about Porsche:no one makes it so ridiculously easy and safe to go so fast
Btw,IMO being a talented driver has nothing to do with age..you either are or you are not
Happy trails
Just my 2c

Old 11-21-2012, 08:40 AM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Ok,first off..I enjoyed the witty write-up
I am always impressed by people good at creative writing and also willing to take the time to share their words
Including a few pics was an added bonus
Thanks again for sharing
As far as the hose. ...
I should have also noted that Larry's posts are well written, funny, and his footloose and carefree style is admirable. So thanks for taking the time, sharing your pictures and starting a memorable thread.

My Chinese wife and I enjoy a variation of that drink with small black seeds. In Florida, we get it in a normal sized can at the local Asian store. Pretty good stuff.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
I am trying to follow along with this but I can't find the posting where someone said they did 160 MPH. Where is that reference?
Thanks, Rob.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:47 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
No offense intended but hosing the interior of such fine car is just plain stupid.
OTT, I enjoyed the reading and really share the enthusiasm with the OP.

Last edited by galion; 11-21-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:20 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
>>>>>> I am trying to follow along with this but I can't find the posting where someone said they did 160 MPH. Where is that reference?
Thanks, Rob.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...p;d=1353239544

Old 11-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Oh. I wasn't very observant. Thanks, Rob.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:22 AM
ukayenne is on a distinguished road
I spotted Larry's cousin at work on YouTube:

Old 11-23-2012, 10:41 AM
BlueLodge400 is on a distinguished road
I am not condoning driving those speeds but…
There are some surprisingly good areas in the Bay Area where you can attain a 160+ mph speed. The safest spot that comes into mind is I-280. The lanes are much wider than any normal freeway/interstate and there are very long straightaways away from any sort of population. Traffic in the early mornings or evening can sometimes be none existent.
As long as a deer doesn’t run out in front of you, 160+ can be safely driven by someone who knows what they are doing in a vehicle which is engineered and designed to do those speeds.

Pepper09tt is right in his statement about driving ability “a talented driver has nothing to do with age..you either are or you are not” I have a good friend who has been to many driving schools and car clinics and I am scared s***less when I get in the car with him and would much rather be driven around by Helen Keller than get in the car with him. Not cause he exceeds the speed limit(which he very rarely does) but because he is an extremely neurotic driver…which IMO makes him a very unsafe driver.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:05 AM
UKayenne. That video was disturbing. Even our good friend Larry wouldn't go that far. They allow those people to purchase Mercedes? There should be a screening process.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:25 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ukayenne
I spotted Larry's cousin at work on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUgvSdsGy80

They forgot to do the trunk

Seriously, this is . The electronics on that car must now be screwed up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yeeeahh!!!!