Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Yeeeahh!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 08:26 PM
spyderman33 is on a distinguished road
I guess I am curious as to who took the pic while he was going 160MPH?

One hand driving at that speed and taking your eyes off the road to pick up the phone and pull up camera app and aiming at speedometer seems like a terrible idea..

Old 11-16-2017, 01:44 AM
littodevil is on a distinguished road
Talking

Originally Posted by spyderman33
I guess I am curious as to who took the pic while he was going 160MPH?

One hand driving at that speed and taking your eyes off the road to pick up the phone and pull up camera app and aiming at speedometer seems like a terrible idea..
Lol.. I took the picture while going 160 MPH. I posted it for entertainment.. it's the internet after all. Open to opinions but if you look everywhere, there's always someone stating the obvious.. like terrible idea.. against the law, shouldn't be doing that.. etc etc etc.. there is a term but I forgot what it was..

Anyways, call it skills or crazy or bad idea.. but I took it , and if I have to justify my risk assessment.. I have to give credit to Porsche for designing a vehicle that is so stable at high speeds.

I was surprise to see this post pop up in my email because.. the sad reality is.. this car was totaled by a 70 something year old guy driving a MB ML that ran a stop sign. I'm okay but the car is done, law suit was filed and settled after 3-4 years already.. That's how long this post has been... but thanks for reviving it though.. ..

Cheers,
Larry

Old 11-16-2017, 07:08 AM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
I remember that post. What got me more than the 160 photo was when he (Larry) the happy-go-lucky Porsche Cayenne Turbo owner washed the bubble tea out of his seat with a water hose under pressure. Seeing this post again, I took a look at Larry's facebook and see Larry moved on to a Tesla P85+ (as did I) although I still have my Porsche and am stuck driving it now as my wife has the Tesla I really love the Porsche too and plan to keep it as the last gas car I buy. We also have a Model 3 on order.

Old 11-16-2017, 01:18 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by nhirsch
I remember that post. What got me more than the 160 photo was when he (Larry) the happy-go-lucky Porsche Cayenne Turbo owner washed the bubble tea out of his seat with a water hose under pressure. Seeing this post again, I took a look at Larry's facebook and see Larry moved on to a Tesla P85+ (as did I) although I still have my Porsche and am stuck driving it now as my wife has the Tesla I really love the Porsche too and plan to keep it as the last gas car I buy. We also have a Model 3 on order.
Hehe.. That washing of the seats was actually taken just for effect.. I wanted to wash the seats and I knew I had to saturate it with water and soak it back out to get as much of the milk tea out of the seat and the sugar... but I told my girlfriend to take the pic the moment I squeezed the trigger to make it seemed like I was spraying the seat consistantly lol.. I actually just squeezing the trigger maybe for a split second lol...

I moved on from the P85+ when the P85D came out.. then did the P85DL upgrade. I miss the exhaust and quality of the Porsche though.. but a house will have to come before I buy another one ...

I recently upgraded the brakes on the Tesla with my design and basically installed Porsche's PCCB brake system calipers on the Tesla.. lol I left the yellow calipers and Porsche logo on it.. with my carbon wheels.. lol..

Are we friends on FB? Send me a message on fb so I know it's you and I'll add you ..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1847.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	2.78 MB
ID:	516151  
Old 11-16-2017, 04:00 PM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
you gotta post that picture in one of the Tesla fb forums. Very cool but for people like me, not needed as the regen is 90% of my breaking during daily use so the stock brakes will likely last forever. I suppose you cannibalized those from your old Porsche?
i'll friend you on FB. You should also find and friend You You Xue. You're both alike at least from what I've seen.

Last edited by nhirsch; 11-16-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:20 AM
Originally Posted by nhirsch
you gotta post that picture in one of the Tesla fb forums. Very cool but for people like me, not needed as the regen is 90% of my breaking during daily use so the stock brakes will likely last forever. I suppose you cannibalized those from your old Porsche?
i'll friend you on FB. You should also find and friend You You Xue. You're both alike at least from what I've seen.
Yea I'll post that pic later on hehe.. yea if you use regen then your brakes will last a very long time..

Those Porsche brake caliper actually came from a 996, I bought it brand new for a different project but never ended up using them and they actually were the right size for the Tesla.

That guy You You Xue.. he went to the same high school as my little brother.. not very fond of him.. his parents bought him his car but.. he would block other vehicles while charging at the service center after hours.. took a loaner across the country and blogged about it when his own car was already done servicing and it kept other owners from having a loaner to use... etc.. heh

Larry