Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Comfort Entry - Option or Std?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 01:00 AM
superfans is on a distinguished road
Comfort Entry - Option or Std?

Is the comfort entry available for all Cayennes? or is it an option except for GTS or CTT/CTTs? Thanks!

Old 02-07-2013, 03:27 AM
JAX GT3 is on a distinguished road

Standard

JohnnyB

Old 02-07-2013, 09:18 AM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
I paid for the Entry and Drive but didn’t check the box to get the Light Comfort Package.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:42 PM
JAX GT3 is on a distinguished road
Confused?

Comfort Entry is an option to move the drivers seat about 2 inches back when exiting the car.

Entry and Drive is a keyless system option, ~$1200.

JohnnyB

Old 02-08-2013, 08:42 AM
porschevin is on a distinguished road
Strange! Bought my C6 approx 2 months ago & I don't see the Comfort entry(easy entry) option in my PCM menu. Thought it was optional. Am I missing something? Owners manual is not very clear about how to activate it.

Last edited by porschevin; 02-08-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:55 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by porschevin
Strange! Bought my C6 approx 2 months ago & I don't see the Comfort entry(easy entry) option in my PCM menu. Thought it was optional. Am I missing something? Owners manual is not very clear about how to activate it.
You can have mine

I turned it off on the 2nd or 3rd day because I just found it too slow for me and it also never returned the seat and steering wheel to the previous positions correctly.

If I recall correctly the option is in the MFD settings menu, though I don't recall exactly where. I believe the option is named "Comfort Entry" when you find the correct menu.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Can't seem to find it in MFD menu. Maybe I am not looking at the right place or maybe its missing.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:59 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
In the menu (on the dash - not the PCM) go to vehicle, then settings, then locking. It may be in the PCM also but I didn't check. Should see "comfort settings." Mine is off also. Same reason as gnat.

Last edited by imcarnuts; 02-09-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:01 PM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
Adjustment is not in the MFD, it's memory dependent. Adjust seat and steering wheel to desired positions for Driver #1, store in Memory #1. Repeat for drivers 2 and 3 if necessary. When you shut off the car and remove the fob, the steering wheel moves up for exit clearance. When wou open the door, the seat slides back. They stay in this position until you re-enter the car. Once you reinsert the fob, they return to the positions stored in Memory #1. But don't turn the fob too early, as it will interrupt seat travel. If you do, pushing Memory#1 will finish the travel. The owner manual is your friend.

Last edited by grohgreg; 02-09-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:33 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
In the multi purpose display on my Cayenne. See page 135 in the attachment. From the owners manual.

Attached Files
Old 02-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Wondering if it is a feature only on vehicles with optional "entry & drive" as my Cayenne does not have it & I am unable to find it on MFD under settings.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:38 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Nope. No E&D for me.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:45 AM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
In the multi purpose display on my Cayenne. See page 135 in the attachment. From the owners manual.
I'm not associating lock/unlock options with Comfort Entry, which is actually what the OP asked about. Hence my response relative to the comfort seats. Regarding Entry & Drive, here's what Porsche says:
"With Porsche Entry & Drive, you can avoid the inconvenience of using a conventional key.
To enter the car, simply touch the door handle and the system automatically checks the encrypted access code on the key in your pocket. If the code is accepted, the doors are unlocked and you can step inside. To start or stop the engine, simply push the ignition button.
When you leave the car, all you have to do is press a button on the outside of the door handle. Porsche Entry & Drive then locks the car, arms the immobiliser and locks the steering column.
Optional for all Cayenne models."

//greg//

Old 02-12-2013, 05:07 PM
The comfort entry is part of the Driver Memory Package. For 2011 (not sure about other years) it was standard on all but the 6cyl manual and tip models. It also comes standard with the 14 & 18 way seats so if you add them to the 6 cyl models you get it. If you don't order the 14 or 18 way seats you can get it on the 6 cyl models by adding option 3L4 for $390.00. Attached is the order guide for 2011.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2011 Cayenne order guide.pdf (178.8 KB, 65 views)
Old 02-13-2013, 07:05 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
The comfort entry is part of the Driver Memory Package. For 2011 (not sure about other years) it was standard on all but the 6cyl manual and tip models. It also comes standard with the 14 & 18 way seats so if you add them to the 6 cyl models you get it. If you don't order the 14 or 18 way seats you can get it on the 6 cyl models by adding option 3L4 for $390.00. Attached is the order guide for 2011.
Almost the same on the 6-cylinders because my CD has no Comfort Entry and I’ve got the 8-way power seats and Option 3L4 Driver Memory Package that came with the Convenience Package.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.