Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My Brake problem, please advise.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:46 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
My Brake problem, please advise.

Can you help me make sense of this?
I had a collision recently.
On a long trip my car didn't slow down well causing me to slam the brakes.
I was going 51 in a 55 mph zone.

I remembered my GTS's brakes to bite, even a little pressure caused an aggressive stop, my old 957 also had aggressive brakes.

After the collision my rear ABS ticked often during an aggressive stop.
I realized I still had to press the brake pedal harder than normal to slow down.
My car was inspected twice and Porsche service said they were fine.
The 2nd test he told me that my rotors have some blue to it along with a slight uneven wear, probably caused by an emergency stop.
He made me a 3rd appointment for a full inspection.
It was discovered I had some air in my brake line also caused by an emergency stop, I had a small line carved into my rotor possibly from debris or a pebble, and both my front rotors had some blue to them.

Is my car safe to drive?
If all of my problems are caused from stopping once as the dealer suggested I don't think I should keep it. Otherwise I will miss my cayenne; I was a big brand advocate.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:17 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
while you probably did have air in the lines it wasn't caused by one emergency stop. After a full rebleeding it should stop great. If you don't like the feel, you can go with a more agressive pad, but nothing is wrong with the design of the brakes or braking system.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:20 PM
MrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud ofMrPorsche has much to be proud of
I know the brakes should be excellent when working properly.
How did air get in my line? Was it always there or is there a leak? My GTS is 5 months old with about 5,000 miles on it.
What could have caused the rotors to have a blue sheen to it?

My biggest concern isn't that the brakes had a problem once, it is that the service dept is only covering the symptoms and getting to the root problem.

Last edited by MrPorsche; 04-25-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:37 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
One panic brake would not be enough to boil the fluid, so maybe some air in from the factory? I did 10 minutes of track with my truck today on a brake intensive small track and the brakes were awesome.