Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Took the Cd to the racetrack today!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:36 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
Took the Cd to the racetrack today!

I was driving my wife's Z4 for todays event, but she came out in the Cd to watch, so I decided to take it for a few laps just for grins. It was a private track rental with me and 11 of my friends, so it wasn't anything with any real structure or rules, just run as much as you want.

Track is Talladega Grand Prix, a 1.3 mile small road course in a flat farmers field, with little to no risk. The pit boss said he was surprised at how little body roll it had, but it felt like a lot inside the truck, especially compared to my racecar or her Z4 even. It also had tons of understeer, but the brakes were phenomenal. Almost as good as the stoptech trophy brakes on my racecar.

and a little video from a spectator. Should have put the camera in the truck but didn't think of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnPYM...ature=youtu.be

Pretty fun, but not something I would want to track all day long!

Attached Images  
Old 04-22-2013, 07:50 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Do you have the air suspension?

Everyone was impressed with mine when I took it to the AutoX too. No race car by any means but quite capable and a lot of fun.

On the oversteer, did you turn PSM off? On the AutoX I was getting my rear end to hang out a fair amount with it off. I also found getting the braking right helped with the understeer quite a bit.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:54 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
I left PSM on, but never saw any lights saying it was active and didn't really feel it at all. I have the base suspension though.

Its good to know that if the racecar breaks down, I can at least drive the tow vehicle and not waste a total weekend!

Old 04-22-2013, 08:11 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I'm stock suspension too.

My PSM never told me it was doing anything and I didn't feel like it was, until I turned it off. It was subtle but significant in its impact.