Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Removing silver inside headlight housing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Rolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the rough
Removing silver inside headlight housing

Has anyone removed the silver inside the headlights to have the same look as on the GTS/Turbo? Is it Easy? Hard? Pain in the ***? I would love some info and a step by step if possible. Im sure there is a thread out there but I couldn't find one... probably searching the wrong keywords.
Thanks!

Old 06-03-2013, 02:06 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I'd be interested in such a thread if it existed, but I don't gather most Cayenne owners are that mod-happy. On top of that I believe the assembly is sealed which would mean cracking it open and runs a significant and costly risk of not getting it back together correctly.

I know the US BMW guys were doing this for the e90 headlights to get rid of the orange area, but I know more than a few ended up damaging the assemblies and needed to replace them. Our headlights assemblies are a fair bit more expensive

Old 06-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Rolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the roughRolled_Out is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gnat
I'd be interested in such a thread if it existed, but I don't gather most Cayenne owners are that mod-happy. On top of that I believe the assembly is sealed which would mean cracking it open and runs a significant and costly risk of not getting it back together correctly.

I know the US BMW guys were doing this for the e90 headlights to get rid of the orange area, but I know more than a few ended up damaging the assemblies and needed to replace them. Our headlights assemblies are a fair bit more expensive
Those were my sentiments exactly. Just thought id make a thread in case someone has figured out a way to do so with little problems. I think someone will chime in with some experience.... lets hope so anyway!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:08 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
I did it for my M3 in the past. From observing the housing of the Cayenne headlight, I think the procedure would be about the same, which would require you to bake your headlight to dissolve the glue that seals that headlight.

Old 12-28-2017, 01:16 AM
Alexandru Serghie is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm also interested even if this is a very old topic.