Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Autonation 60 day (free) Used Car Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 02:53 PM
scb71 is on a distinguished road
Autonation 60 day (free) Used Car Warranty

Has anyone ever had to use the Autonation 60 day, or is it 90?, included certified warranty on used cars?

They provide this free on cars that they have inspected. It doesn't cover everything but it supposedly covers main items such as engine, transmission, transfer case!!, and other items.

Am curious if anyone had to make a claim and how that worked out. My concern is on the transfer case in particular since that appears super common these days.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:19 PM
TXCOMT is on a distinguished road
Since nobody has responded yet, do you mind a minor thread drift, OP? I've had good experience with a CPO Cayenne, so I suggest that route if you can do it. Reason: Porsche is quite proud of its program (and some will say too proud if you only consider price)! In other words, the dealer is under pressure to make everything right with your "new" used car, as my recent experience has proven, by the manufacturer.

When we bought our CPO '14 S last month, there were a few squawks, as we say in the aviation biz, upon delivery. Well, after doing some research here and on Rennlist, I realized that thing should be pretty close to perfect. I subsequently submitted a list of items and they were done! Now understand I escalated my request to someone higher than an SA and used the idea of a less-than-acceptable CSI score for emphasis!

I like the idea of my S being serviced by Porsche techs in a Porsche shop under a Porsche warranty. You might, too...plus, when you resell or trade your Cayenne, that future buyer may just rest easy.

TXCOMT

Old 01-03-2018, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the note- I meant to reply to my original post but have been out of town.

I ended up purchasing a pre-owned Cayenne S with 50,300 miles on it (Out of manufacturer’s warranty). It is extremely well equipped and in much better physical condition than any other I saw. It also had full service history from the Porsche dealer who sold it originally. I purchased it at a Mercedes dealership and they provided their 90 day Autonation warranty which in essence is a service contract that is included for free.

Guess what? I had an issue so took it to the Porsche dealer and they coordinated the claim without hassle. It was amazing. The closest Autonation Porsche dealer was in Dallas so Mercedes told me to just take it to whichever I wanted and I'd owe a small copay since it was not Autonation. I chose the original dealer who sold the car and serviced it all along.

Porsche West replaced the transfer case, rerouted the vent line as per the new design and they reprogrammed the software. My cost out the door was $200 for the deductible and it is now covered by the Porsche 2 year warranty on repairs. Saved me almost 5k. I noticed on the bill that they discounted it somewhat from the walk up rate as I was quoted about $5k over the phone I think the end receipt was maybe $3,900 but either way I only paid $200.

Yeah Autonation!

Old 01-04-2018, 06:11 AM
Congrats, fellow Texan! Really glad to know Autonation and PW is doing right by you. It seems like that's really the only trouble spot with these 958s, based on my cursory reading of this forum and its equivalent on Rennlist. What year is your S? I love the fact ours (the second we've owned) is the last year of the V8...it sits next to a '16 Ram Rebel in the garage and, surprisingly, they have a lot in common; both have V8s, air suspension and seat four comfortably. Anyway, welcome to the Cayenne family; you're gonna love that thing!

TXCOMT

Old 01-04-2018, 06:51 AM
Yes. This was my first experience at Porsche West and I was pleased. I have owned Porsche before and took my 911 to what was Momentum Porsche and is now Porsche Southwest. That dealership is a little more convenient. Typically though I don't make a habit of going to the dealer unless I really have to.

If you have any solid Porsche indies in Houston to recommend please share. I've probably tried most of them over the years as I always drive German cars but I am still looking for the one I feel most comfortable with.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:29 AM
I can't offer any recommendations down that way, but up here in Fort Worth, our local P dealer, Autobahn, is nice to deal with; for an idie, there's Zims in Bedford. Those good folks worked on our first Cayenne, an '11 base model, and were a true pleasure to deal with; if you're ever in the Metroplex and need P car work, those two places should be able to handle anything you throw at 'em.

TXCOMT