Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Yay for construction damage!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 06:56 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
The replacement bumper was supposed to ship today so hopefully it will be in late next week. Swung by tonight to get my fix and found he's finally moved it to the paint shop and started the wet sanding. I kinda like the matte look

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	308661   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	134
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	308662  
Old 12-06-2013, 07:18 AM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
That does look kind of mean.

Old 12-06-2013, 03:19 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Ugh. I don't think this bumper is meant to be Now it's been delayed until the 11th (weather?). That means I really have no chance of seeing it before the new year

God I miss that car. I know I shouldn't complain about having to drive a 911 instead, but that's her car and I love my baby. I even had to stare at a GTS for an hour earlier this week while I was waiting on someone to show up

Anyone in the NoVA area willing to let me borrow their's for awhile to get a fix?

Old 12-06-2013, 04:00 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
make up some random rattle fix or something that's under warranty for the 911 so you can get the cayenne loaner for a bit while they look at the phantom problems?

Old 12-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by kechang
make up some random rattle fix or something that's under warranty for the 911 so you can get the cayenne loaner for a bit while they look at the phantom problems?
The warranty ran out on it about 8 years ago. And it does have plenty of rattles as it is

Old 12-13-2013, 04:30 PM
Bumper and parts came today. Unfortunately it looks like there are more parts I'll be needing (radiator cowl and some foam bits on either side of the cowl at least)

Here's a dry fit pic. Looking at that made all the grief getting it this far worthwhile

Views:	164
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	311368  
Old 12-19-2013, 07:11 PM
All the paint has been done, now it's just waiting on parts to get it put back together.

I like the idea of the "frozen" look, but seeing it all nice and pretty again made me glad I didn't go that route.

Views:	134
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	313007   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	313008   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	313009   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	313010  
Old 12-20-2013, 12:35 AM
Stonosam has a spectacular aura aboutStonosam has a spectacular aura about
Good to see you are making real progress

Old 12-20-2013, 02:24 PM
andrewpk is on a distinguished road
Just curious, what are you driving in the meanwhile, and how are you feeling about it?

I know every time I somehow end up in a loaner/rental car, I'm missing just about everything about my baby.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:16 PM
My wife's 01 996.

I shouldn't complain about being forced to drive a 911, but it's just not my thing.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Matt911 is on a distinguished road
Are you going to install GTS headlights?

Old 12-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Not doing the GTS/Turbo lights, just the normal ones with the black interior. The GTS/Turbo have the DRLs in the headlight and I'm not a fan of that look.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by gnat
Bumper and parts came today. Unfortunately it looks like there are more parts I'll be needing (radiator cowl and some foam bits on either side of the cowl at least)
Next round of parts showed up today. Hopefully this is it and we can get this thing back together.

Unfortunately I still haven't gotten the male end of the harness adapter (for the DRLs) right yet so have to try again there. I'm told I should be able to reach in (with the headlights out) to install the adapters with the bumper installed though so hopefully this isn't going to hold anything up.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Good luck. Long time without your car......

Old 01-29-2014, 10:33 AM
Ugh. About damn time, but the rest of the parts showed up today. Here's a pic he sent me of the new blacked out headlight. He said the tail lights look nice too. Hopefully I can get over there today or tomorrow to take a look in person.

I'm sure he'll still find ways to drag this out another month or so

Name:	IMG_3861.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	326687  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yay for construction damage!