Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Resetting Oil Change Indicator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 04:22 PM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
What is "It"? Which device?

Originally Posted by Boostaddiction
It still doesn't reset the OCI on 958 diesels.

Which is fundamentally why I bought it. So far, it's just an expensive dongle that doesn't do what it is supposed to do.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Boostaddiction is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nhirsch
What is "It"? Which device?
Durametric.

Old 11-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Did you upgrade to latest cable and software? Call them. I'd think it should work.
Durametric.

Old 11-02-2015, 05:40 PM
b-man will become famous soon enough
Did you upgrade to latest cable and software? Call them. I'd think it should work.
I spoke to Durametric several times, and as recently as a week or two ago. They acknowledge that you cannot reset the oil service reminder on 2015 and 2016 Cayenne diesels with any of their products. I'm not sure about other Cayenne models.

Durametric said they are working on resolving this problem. But they have been saying that for a while, so I'm not sure if they will ever resolve it.

b-man

Old 11-03-2015, 09:34 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
It still doesn't reset the OCI on 958 diesels. Which is fundamentally why I bought it. So far, it's just an expensive dongle that doesn't do what it is supposed to do.
From your post history it looks like you have a 2013, correct? Depending on where you are in the NoVA area I'd be happy to meet up with you and take a look and try my cable. It works fine on my 2013 CD.

Hmm... Can't PM you (you're post count is too low). You can reach out to me at ... and we can set something up.

Last edited by gnat; 12-06-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:42 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Just to follow up, I did meet up with Boostaddiction (nice cars, nice friends, nice friends cars, and damn nice garage!). Unfortunately my Pro cable and the config on my laptop didn't help.

I happen to have direct contact with Duram and he's been responding to us on Sunday to try to help out. He really is a great guy! He's given us a few things for Boost to try and hopefully something will help.

Two things that I noticed which seemed to get Duram's attention were that:

A) The "Information" pages for the modules are all unavailable (communication error) when talking to Boost's Cayenne.

B) When the key (fake key in his case since his has E&D) is in the On position (engine not running) his MFD just shows the Cayenne logo while mine has the full MFD functionality.

So for others having issues, check to see if you can read the module information (for the cluster specifically, but in Boost's case none of them appear to work) and note how the MFD acts when the key is in the On position without the motor running.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:49 PM
cats is on a distinguished road
I have a 14 Cayenne Diesel and the local indy has a snap on tool that reset the oil for me just fine.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:59 PM
b-man will become famous soon enough
My Cayenne Diesel (2016 model year) has a little over 5,000 miles on it, and I just changed the oil.

My Porsche independent shop (Ralph's Auto in Maryland) successfully reset the oil change indicator on my vehicle. It was very easy for them to do.

They used a scan/reset tool made by Autologic. They also have a Durametric, but I told him it wouldn't work (and they said they don't use it much anyway).

b-man

Old 11-20-2015, 12:53 PM
westsiderkg is on a distinguished road
I'm not selling this, but hope that the info helps others since I feel that dealerships should not charge to reset the oil service Interval. The x431r reset tool, on ebay, is great for $50, and worked on my 958.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:18 AM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by b-man
Can someone who has used this confirm that it can reset the service indicator on model year 2015 or 2016 Cayennes?

Thanks.

b-man
Just did mine on my 2015 Cayenne S. with my Durametric enthusiast model.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:23 PM
petros600 will become famous soon enough
Can u confirm that will work on a 2013 diesel? Is your 958 diesel?
Thanks

Originally Posted by westsiderkg
I'm not selling this, but hope that the info helps others since I feel that dealerships should not charge to reset the oil service Interval. The x431r reset tool, on ebay, is great for $50, and worked on my 958.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:42 AM
westsiderkg is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by petros600
Thanks

Don't know, mine is a 2012 Cayenne S. Worth a shot though for $50 IMO.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by petros600
Thanks
What year is your 958? It may depend on year.

The durametric worked well on my 2012 Cayenne but reading above it didn't work for newer 958s.

Old 12-09-2015, 06:40 AM
petros600 will become famous soon enough
Mine is 2013 diesel.

What year is your 958? It may depend on year.

The durametric worked well on my 2012 Cayenne but reading above it didn't work for newer 958s.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:38 PM
What year is your 958? It may depend on year. The durametric worked well on my 2012 Cayenne but reading above it didn't work for newer 958s.
It is known to work with all 958.1s. I'm not positive that I've seen confirmed reports of it working with 958.2s though.

While not resolved yet, it appears from talking to Durham that boostaddiction's issue is that the cluster has gotten itself into a weird state. So far, however, they have been unable to get it to reset though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Resetting Oil Change Indicator