Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Resetting Oil Change Indicator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 08:44 AM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Resetting Oil Change Indicator

Is there any other way to reset the oil change warning than going to the dealer?? Is there no software/hardware yet available for new ten cars (958, 991, etc) like some other P-cars to read codes and reset warnings?

Old 01-14-2014, 10:13 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Vyper340
Is there any other way to reset the oil change warning than going to the dealer?? Is there no software/hardware yet available for new ten cars (958, 991, etc) like some other P-cars to read codes and reset warnings?
The Durametric will reset the service indicators in the 958s.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Good to know. I've had the Durametric tool for my other P-cars and glad I didn't give it away when it wouldn't do the newer cars. Now it seems it will with some updates.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Just read through Durametric and it seems I have to upgrade to the 2nd Gen cable so I can use version 6.xx with a cost of $150+. arghhh.

Old 01-14-2014, 12:40 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
The really frustrating things with the 958 is that all it will do is read/reset codes, reset the intervals, and run some tests. Nothing else works yet so it's just an expensive glorified OBD-II reader

Old 01-16-2014, 01:10 PM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
I wonder if vag com would work on the 958?

Old 01-16-2014, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by MikeL
I wonder if vag com would work on the 958?
Nope. Greg had one and found it didn't work.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:14 PM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
I'm going to buy the enthusiasts Durametric cable to reset my service indicator. Only 4K miles in the past year but dealer won't do it. Will let you know if it works.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by nhirsch
I'm going to buy the enthusiasts Durametric cable to reset my service indicator. Only 4K miles in the past year but dealer won't do it. Will let you know if it works.
Received the cable today. Will reset this weekend.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Collage Maker_Vgpfww.png
Views:	588
Size:	4.39 MB
ID:	372342  
Old 05-09-2014, 07:11 AM
Reset the oil change and interim service alerts very easily with Durametric. Need to follow their instructions and the Durametric program won't even start if you don't have it first connected to the car and then the computer as additional files get downloaded the first time you connect. Pretty interesting all the information displayed. Found one error I was unaware of.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-09 07.04.31.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	3.50 MB
ID:	372734  
Old 05-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Found one error I was unaware of.
Error code that I found was:

“P1572
Left Electro-Hydraulic Engine Mount Solenoid Valve -N144- Short-circuit to ground
Implausible signal”

Contacted dealer and his response was:

"P1572 is (control unit run on not ended correctly), your generic scan tool is displaying the incorrect description. Cayenne’s do not have electro-hydraulic engine mounts. – Could be as simple as low voltage, did somebody disconnect the battery for any reason? I would clear the fault and enjoy driving the car."

Makes sense since one time awhile ago I had forgot I had a cooler plugged into the cigarette lighter and it dropped the battery voltage to the point where I got a battery protection warning which I had to reset under seat.
So I hooked the Durametric up again and cleared the code. It took like 2 minutes. All is good!

Old 05-09-2014, 08:13 PM
My general rule is that unless the CEL is on, I just clear the code the first time I see it and wait to see if it comes back and then call the dealer. So far I have gotten a bunch of random stuff, but none of it has reoccurred.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:54 PM
there appears to be other than durametric tools that will do the job. X-Tools has a X-200 and X-150 that will do it for approx $150 for the tool or less on amazon

Old 11-02-2015, 11:48 AM
b-man will become famous soon enough
there appears to be other than durametric tools that will do the job. X-Tools has a X-200 and X-150 that will do it for approx $150 for the tool or less on amazon
Can someone who has used this confirm that it can reset the service indicator on model year 2015 or 2016 Cayennes?

Thanks.

b-man

Old 11-02-2015, 02:02 PM
Boostaddiction is on a distinguished road
It still doesn't reset the OCI on 958 diesels.

Which is fundamentally why I bought it. So far, it's just an expensive dongle that doesn't do what it is supposed to do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Resetting Oil Change Indicator