Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

H&R Install DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Mr.Incredible is on a distinguished road
H&R Install DIY

Hey guys,

I just ordered the H&R springs for our Cayenne and they came in last week.

I could have sworn I saw a DIY on installing suspension for our 958's but I can't find it now. Anyone have that?

We do not have PASM or air suspension so it should be pretty straight forward. I'm pretty savvy with a wrench but are there any surprises or special tools that I need?

Old 02-06-2014, 11:53 AM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
a professional grade spring compressor to remove the spring from the shock. other than that, if you're handy with a wrench and have some air tools (makes life easier), its pretty straight forward and you can tell what need to be loosened or removed to get the shock/spring out. even if you had pasm, all it has extra is a little electrical line at the top of the shock that you need to unplug to remove the shock.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MikeL
a professional grade spring compressor to remove the spring from the shock.

+1....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY56ib3I-ew#t=0

Old 02-10-2014, 03:14 PM
I had these installed on Saturday by my local wrench that I've been going to for about 10 years and while it wasn't difficult, it was absolutely helpful to have a lift, air tools and (as you said) a commercial grade spring compressor. Looks and rides fantastic. I will get some pictures up soon.

I really wish I would have taken pictures/notes as we went along to make a DIY. But if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and I can probably answer for you!

Old 02-25-2014, 08:02 PM
mr997 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mr.Incredible
I had these installed on Saturday by my local wrench that I've been going to for about 10 years and while it wasn't difficult, it was absolutely helpful to have a lift, air tools and (as you said) a commercial grade spring compressor. Looks and rides fantastic. I will get some pictures up soon.

I really wish I would have taken pictures/notes as we went along to make a DIY. But if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and I can probably answer for you!
Congratulations on the new mod. Wish I was handy enough to work on my own cars.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:07 PM
powdercoatmike has a spectacular aura aboutpowdercoatmike has a spectacular aura about
How about an after pic?

Old 03-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Here ya go guys. Don't mind the dirty wheels. The black fender trim doesn't really help the appearance of being a little lower since they get lost in the shadows and just look like more fender gap.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10003872_10203367792939546_157343807_o.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	314.7 KB
ID:	344356