Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

How to remove rear seat?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 11:58 PM
93RSAmerica is on a distinguished road
How to remove rear seat?

Would like to remove at least one of the two rear seats for extended trips.
Seems straight forward with four bolts holding the rear seats down. Concern is the little 'Air Bag' symbol on the rear seat backs and wires underneath.
Any suggestions? Has anyone done this before?
Thanks,

Old 04-27-2014, 07:04 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Yeah its pretty straight forward to do.

You need a 10mm triple square driver.

It is possible to get it out without removing the cushion, but it's easier if you do. To remove the cushion grab the center front of it and pull up in a jerking motion. Once the front I latches it just lifts on out.

The air bag connector simply in clips. I had the car off, but the battery was still connected which is technically not what you are supposed to do.

There are also some clips that hold the wire to the seat frame. These were a PITA without removing the seat cushion first and I gave in and just broke them.

Remove the front bolts first, fold the back down and slide it forward, then do the rear bolts.

Last edited by gnat; 04-27-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:46 AM
smartrepair is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gnat
Yeah its pretty straight forward to do.

You need a 10mm triple square driver.

It is possible to get it out without removing the cushion, but it's easier if you do. To remove the cushion grab the center front of it and pull up in a jerking motion. Once the front I latches it just lifts on out.

The air bag connector simply in clips. I had the car off, but the battery was still connected which is technically not what you are supposed to do.

There are also some clips that hold the wire to the seat frame. These were a PITA without removing the seat cushion first and I gave in and just broke them.

Remove the front bolts first, fold the back down and slide it forward, then do the rear bolts.
Any idea how to fool the airbag system? Removing the rear seats triggers the airbag light (which in turn makes impossible to pass MOT/inspection)

Old 10-31-2017, 08:02 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by smartrepair
Any idea how to fool the airbag system? Removing the rear seats triggers the airbag light (which in turn makes impossible to pass MOT/inspection)
I know for some cars (996 is what I have read it done on) you can use resistors when replacing the steering wheel with one that has no airbag. I suppose the same concept would work here, but I don't know any more than that (e.g. what resistance is needed).