Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Sirius radio option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 09:03 AM
tas2573 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RAKLAW

Really only use the traffic when driving down to fl.
All I 95 is covered as well as hutch pkwy
It's real time info
RAK...It would be good to know if you see traffic info on I-95/NJ Turnpike southbound past exit 8. I noticed this past weekend, while driving southbound on the the NJ Turnpike, the PCM/MAP Traffic stopped showing traffic info after exit 8 or so on the NJ Turnpike southbound. From exit 8 northbound up to NYC and even further showed traffic info on the map.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:49 PM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by tas2573
RAK...It would be good to know if you see traffic info on I-95/NJ Turnpike southbound past exit 8. I noticed this past weekend, while driving southbound on the the NJ Turnpike, the PCM/MAP Traffic stopped showing traffic info after exit 8 or so on the NJ Turnpike southbound. From exit 8 northbound up to NYC and even further showed traffic info on the map.
I see traffic info into DC AND BALTIMORE for certain

Old 05-01-2014, 03:27 PM
abatis is on a distinguished road
I pulled the Siruis/XM iPhone dock and antenna out of old car and put it in my Cayenne. I mounted the little magnetic antenna in the middle of the front roof edge and ran the wire under the windshield black gasket, plenty of room. I than ran the wire around the passenger side A pillar right at the mid point of the door gasket and under the trim and back to the center console. Maybe 1/2 hour of work plus now I have a nice phone charger /XM radio right in the power plug by the cup holders. The unit costs like $69 to buy plus choose whatever Sirius/XM subscription you want. I just didn't see the value in the PCM option for my needs. You can play all your recorded music on the phone using either the XM unit or using the BT connection. The BT connection does allow you to use the PCM to change iPhone stored music but either way works fine.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	img10856326.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	369246  

Last edited by abatis; 05-01-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:34 PM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Harlequin NY
Or a ball washer (for you golfers).

BlazinPond- I knew the hard drive was new for the later 2013 models but I didn't know the HD didn't come with the 2011's. I assume you have an audio input and can use an ipod. This is my first Porsche so I see what everyone means about being behind on some levels. But the rest of the car is just so incredible that I forget that quickly.
Agreed!
Yes, i do have a USB input for my iPod and another direct audio line input that came standard too.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:04 PM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
You can get a SiriusXM internet Subscription for $4/mo and have full access to all the channels through an iPhone or Android app on your phone.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:08 PM
abatis is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
You can get a SiriusXM internet Subscription for $4/mo and have full access to all the channels through an iPhone or Android app on your phone.

InternetXM works fine with a data connection but in the Montana hinterland satellite is always there(almost).

Old 08-20-2014, 05:18 AM
Starter is on a distinguished road
It's ridiculous this isn't a standard feature in every Porsche. Bad for customers, and bad for Sirius radio. I find it a little insane Sirius hasn't pressed the issue with Porsche. The receiver unit itself is like a six dollar piece of technology in 2014. And it's not even a real product... It's akin to those free giant plastic cups convenience stores give you. The point isn't the free cup, the point is the fact that some people will fill them up with overpriced soda every morning during their commute. A Sirius radio receiver comes free with a car, so you'll fork over $150 for the year-long subscription... That's the entire point of it. A portion of that subscription money then goes to the car manufacturer. That's why Sirius confirms what make and model your car is when you sign up. Porsche making the module an option is greedy to the point of stupidity. Because every car they build without a receiver is years of subscription commissions they're screwing themselves out of. Add that up over the life of a car, that's some real money.