Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Must Have Options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 09:30 PM
purerx7 is on a distinguished road
Must Have Options?

Starting to look for a used CTT and deciding what options are a necessity. Are there any options that you guys can't live without or any options you wish you had in your CTT? Right now, only must have is Panoramic Roof. Turbo 2 wheels and Burmester would be nice too. I will use it as a daily driver so what is most important to me is comfort, especially the seats (any insight there?)

Thanks!

Old 08-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by purerx7
Starting to look for a used CTT and deciding what options are a necessity. Are there any options that you guys can't live without or any options you wish you had in your CTT? Right now, only must have is Panoramic Roof. Turbo 2 wheels and Burmester would be nice too. I will use it as a daily driver so what is most important to me is comfort, especially the seats (any insight there?)

Thanks!
Since I'm an option snob for me it's the burm, PDCC, ptv, acc, pano, ceramics, and sport seats (picture these as seats you sit into, vs sit on), I'd get the sport seats every time, although the smaller ladies have a problem hoisting themselves over the exterior bolster, but besides that little complaint I've received, I'd get them again ,

Old 08-04-2014, 10:20 PM
purerx7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jace
Since I'm an option snob for me it's the burm, PDCC, ptv, acc, pano, ceramics, and sport seats (picture these as seats you sit into, vs sit on), I'd get the sport seats every time, although the smaller ladies have a problem hoisting themselves over the exterior bolster, but besides that little complaint I've received, I'd get them again ,
Can you help with the abbreviations? PDCC, PTV, ACC??

Old 08-04-2014, 10:49 PM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
Here is a definition of the abbreviations and a link to their descriptions:

Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)

Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)

Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Old 08-05-2014, 06:06 AM
vitaman will become famous soon enough
My 2012 was the most fully optioned the dealer had ever sold and stickered out around 152.
The ones that seemed the least necessary, Thermal Glass and Ceramic Brakes are ones I am thankful for every day.
Not sure what your timeline is, but I will be selling it in the next few months.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:27 AM
smartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to allsmartbot is a name known to all
Having owned my Cayenne for almost a year I wish that I had the Porsche Entry & Drive option. It makes it much easier to get into the car and just drive (without having to mess with the key fob). Every time I get into my g35x I realize how much of a useful feature this is.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:19 PM
BlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud ofBlazinPond has much to be proud of
A few 'simple' options important to me...
    • Entry and Drive (Definite must have - once you have it, you'll hate going without)
    • Ventilated seats (must have in summer especially with a dress shirt on)
    • Multi-function heated steering wheel (i really miss a heated wheel in MN winter)
    • Factory Hitch Kit (easy to put on afterward, although 3x the price)
    • Roof rack (impossible to put on afterward)
    • Nav with voice command (convenience/safety)
    • Sirius XM with HD radio (convenience/entertainment)
    • Four Zone climate (heat/cool the car more quickly)

More expensive options I'd strongly consider:
    ----------
    Ceramic brakes
    Torque Vectoring
    PDCC
    Burmeister

Last edited by BlazinPond; 08-05-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    Old 08-05-2014, 05:38 PM
    C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
    I had adaptive seats in my previous 2012 and incoming 2013 and could have lived with the standard 14way seats due to the issue of shorter people getting in and out. My wife also complains that she couldn't change our daughter in the backseat due to the bolster...

Another downfall if you have small kids is you can put a car seat in the center due to the bolsters getting in the way.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:02 PM
    stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
    I drove a car with PDCC, PTV and without now a must have for me.
    Also ordered LCA,Hitch,Roof Rails, Air Susp, Premium Pack on S
    NO BOSE or BUR stock radio good enought, 10 speakers 235 watts.
    Entry and Drive,Heated Wheel also a must in MN. Have a heated wheel on my 997
    one reason I'm leaving my 4 Runner. Should be here by XMAS!

Old 08-05-2014, 10:08 PM
    TGED is on a distinguished road
    Get 4-zone climate control for sure, even if you don't usually carry rear passengers, the 2nd AC unit will help cool down the car much faster. And the price for this option is relatively cheap comparing to other options. The rear console also looks much nicer with the 4-zone.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	489.8 KB
ID:	398533  
    Old 08-05-2014, 10:10 PM
    TGED is on a distinguished road
    This is without 4-zone, it doesn't look right on a $100k+ car.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	398534  
    Old 08-06-2014, 10:11 AM
    DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
    Pano Roof, Burmeister sound are must haves IMO. The ACC is pretty awesome, but you can live without that. PDCC is a must also. I enjoy my extended LED package, but not something I would say you need... there's lots of other little options as well, but from there you can pick and chose I think.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:16 AM
    visitador will become famous soon enoughvisitador will become famous soon enough
    One thing NOT to get: The online service (or AHA app). It just does not work well.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:25 AM
    Rkeeper is on a distinguished road
    If it is down to just 2 options i would take the pano roof and the PASM.
    PASM confort setting is very useful when i drive my folks/family around. I will switch to sports suspension when im driving alone. Makes you feel like you have 2 different cars

Old 08-09-2014, 03:10 PM
    xray doc is on a distinguished road
    We are talking must have's here.....
    PDCC, PTV both a must if you want your SUV handle like no other SUV on the planet.
    Bose, to me a must. If you are an audiophile and really think the Burm sounds 3.5K better than the Bose (I sure don't) then be my guest.
    Pano roof, not a must unless you sit mostly in the back seat and like to look up.
    4 way a/c/heat not a must unless, again, you mostly sit in the back seat.
    18 way sport seats a must if you want to be the most comfortable driving your CTT.
    Wife likes AHA on her Samsung phone, so you can factor online services as a must in if that's important and married.
    Entry and drive, is a must.
    ACC, not a must.
    Ventilated front seats, a must in Florida.
    In car WiFi... Garbage 3G link, 1200 bucks wasted.

Basically, most of my 14' CTT build sheet. Must have is so subjective on what is important to you. That is what is nice about Porsche and how personal you can build your car.

Last edited by xray doc; 08-09-2014 at 03:20 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Must Have Options?