Notices
Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

958 heated steering retrofit successful

Old 03-07-2019, 09:33 AM
F SANE IL is an unknown quantity at this point
I sourced out a heated steering wheel just like mine and also clock spring from the same vin car with heated option. Do I also need to purchase a module as well? The current one won't work?

Old 03-14-2019, 09:01 AM
r1rb
Wheel Install Help

I went from a sport design, PDK, no heat wheel to one with heat and mf. Using the adapter and my original clockspring, everything worked except the heat and MF display on the PCM; no fault codes appeared. I then replaced my clockspring with one from a used car with heat and multifunction. With the used clock spring, the heat and multifunction worked on the wheel (still no display on the pcm for MF which I know needs to be coded with PIWIS).

Unfortunately, there were several other issues, including:

- Cruise control doesn't come on when stalk button is pushed
- Voice control doesn't work anymore when stalk button is pushed

- Error messages:
- Fault of headlamps control system (I have PDLS)
-Steering wheel support limited (needs calibration?? I tried moving the wheel from left stop to right and it still has the fault)
-PASM fault (I don't have PASM)
-PSM Loss (I assume it is related to the PASM fault; maybe PSM is off because it is looking for PASM)
-Start stop operation deactiviated

My question is can these be corrected through PIWIS Programming?

Thanks.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:25 PM
F SANE IL is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by r1rb View Post
I went from a sport design, PDK, no heat wheel to one with heat and mf. Using the adapter and my original clockspring, everything worked except the heat and MF display on the PCM; no fault codes appeared. I then replaced my clockspring with one from a used car with heat and multifunction. With the used clock spring, the heat and multifunction worked on the wheel (still no display on the pcm for MF which I know needs to be coded with PIWIS).

Unfortunately, there were several other issues, including:

- Cruise control doesn't come on when stalk button is pushed
- Voice control doesn't work anymore when stalk button is pushed

- Error messages:
- Fault of headlamps control system (I have PDLS)
-Steering wheel support limited (needs calibration?? I tried moving the wheel from left stop to right and it still has the fault)
-PASM fault (I don't have PASM)
-PSM Loss (I assume it is related to the PASM fault; maybe PSM is off because it is looking for PASM)
-Start stop operation deactiviated

My question is can these be corrected through PIWIS Programming?

Thanks.
I've lurked in PIWIS and saw that you can select specific steering wheel. I bet you need that