Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Have You Experienced the Following Brake Pads/Rotors Before?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 11:29 AM
csufl is on a distinguished road
Have You Experienced the Following Brake Pads/Rotors Before?

My SA mentioned I will be needing new front brake pads & rotors soon. This is a Cayenne V6 around 37K miles. Is it normal for this car?

I have been looking at the following replacements:
1. Power Stop Z23 Revolution kit
2. Stop Tech Sport Slotted Rotors with Posi Quite Metallic pads

Mainly to reduce brake dust and maintain the stopping power.....

Has anyone experienced these brake sets on 350mm? How's your experience?

Last edited by csufl; 09-21-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:14 PM
ronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud of
Geez, I hope your car is a fluke. I have 25k and will be at 37k around February/March.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:46 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
"Service Advisors" are there as a profit-center for the dealership. They like to sell you service. Since you're considering aftermarket pads/rotors - why not get a price from a good independent. Since you have two Porsches (despite the 911 guys saying they're not) - might be worth joining the PCA and see who the people in the local chapter use for service.

And I'd consider just replacing the pads. It is unlikely that the rotors are worn to the wear limits, so replacing them is just throwing money away. The reason dealers like that (besides the obvious profit on the parts and bigger job) is that if you reuse the rotors with new pads - the braking will be a bit less powerful for about 200 miles until the new pads conform to the brake rotor wear pattern. Once they do - braking will be just like you experience now.

I put TRW pads on my turbo. Quiet, powerful and almost no dust. Nice. Made in China like almost all aftermarket pads are. Cost me $30 for the set (both fronts) - found an "open box" deal on Amazon. Normally they're around $120/set. Free 2 day shipping with Prime. TRW is the OE for several other brand aftermarket pads - I'd have to ask my mechanic friend which ones - but they looked absolutely identical to the Porsche pads I took out (except the old ones were worn.)