Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Best place to get the black window trim for chrome deletion, besides the dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 07:31 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by [SS]Shooter
If there's an interest, I can put up a thread about proper washing and detailing procedures...
Since you're in Chicago - please DO.

Problem in NJ with DIY in the winter is the COLD, no place to do it, and being 7 decades old.. the ambition to DIY seems to be gone. In that case I feel it's better using the tow-through carwash with the wacky brushes rather then letting the salt and brine residue have it's way with the plated parts on the P!G. Having a white vehicle makes it much easier to ignore the swirls.

BTW - there was an article in a local NJ paper about the amount of damage the new hot setup - brine applied before it snows - is doing to cars. Apparently it's lots more aggressive than simple rock salt on attacking metal bits, and since it goes down wet and can take hours to dry in cold temps - it really gets tossed around under the cars. The author of the article estimated in the $30,000,000 range for damage to NJ cars (and I may have dropped a "0" there..)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.