Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New cayenne 2018

Old 08-06-2017, 07:21 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jtorrebl
Probably pdk transmission since the rear tires are wider than the front like in the current macan.
Not sure how likely that is given towing use. Wonder if it'd be an option though, PDK and no towing or Tiptronic.

That and I'd be very hesitant about being a 1st year guinea pig. Very few first year models of a platform are without complications, from any vendor. It's one thing to have an evolution of an existing platform... but all new? I'd wait until the kinks were ironed out.

Last edited by wkearney99; 08-07-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:10 AM
jtorrebl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wkearney99
Not sure how likely that is given towing use. Wonder if it'd be an option though, PDK and no towing or Tiptronic.

That and I'd be very hesitant about being a 1st year guinea pig. Very few first year models of a platform are without complications, from any vendor. It's one thing to have an evolution of an existing platform... but all new? I'd wait until the kinks were ironed out.
re: pdk, in the spy shots you see thinner front tires like on the current macans with PDK transmission. so it looks like it will have the variable 30/70 torque split favoring the rear.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:41 AM
seabrook is infamous around these partsseabrook is infamous around these parts
WOW what a difference LOL!!!

Old 08-12-2017, 02:48 AM
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/s...se-119585.html

latest pics of turbo, almost naked.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:16 AM
Former Vendor
Kai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant future
Looks like my 2011

Old 08-13-2017, 07:01 PM
ronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud of
nit picky here:
front grill invades the leading edge of the hood.

rear hatch, as others have said suggests a sunken floor, door is not flush with rear bumper.

overall still the best looking suv out there!

Old 08-13-2017, 07:04 PM
ronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud of
so looked at the other posts with pics. The front grill doesn't invade hood, it's the other way around. I'll wait for official pictures

Old 08-26-2017, 03:11 AM
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/a...ne-119986.html

heres the base model. Turbo spy pics in white shows a more aggressive front air dam

Last edited by jtorrebl; 08-26-2017 at 03:16 AM.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:50 AM
bzliteyear is on a distinguished road
I love the Tesla style interior screen, the headlights, and the rear hatch that simulates the new Panamera look. Not sure about the PDK - in daily driving I really don't notice the difference between PDK in Macan S vs Cayenne GTS.

As for new platform etc, I'm still stuck on old-school V8 GTS growl and not V6 turbos, so I'm planning to enjoy my 958 for as long as I can. For MBs, I used to buy the last year of a platform as they got all the kinks worked out by then. Of course that was before everyone jumped on the Tesla electronics heaven/hell bandwagon lol.

Old 08-28-2017, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by bzliteyear
I love the Tesla style interior screen, the headlights, and the rear hatch that simulates the new Panamera look. Not sure about the PDK - in daily driving I really don't notice the difference between PDK in Macan S vs Cayenne GTS.

As for new platform etc, I'm still stuck on old-school V8 GTS growl and not V6 turbos, so I'm planning to enjoy my 958 for as long as I can. For MBs, I used to buy the last year of a platform as they got all the kinks worked out by then. Of course that was before everyone jumped on the Tesla electronics heaven/hell bandwagon lol.
actually I don't see PDK listed anywhere in the press releases so far. they mention some transmission but sounds like a regular transmission. I was hoping for the PDK like in my wife's macan S, but we'll see. did you read the press release and interpret them saying it was PDK?

Old 08-29-2017, 05:12 PM
No PDK but at least there's a new transmission

Old 08-29-2017, 05:18 PM
Old 08-29-2017, 06:50 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jtorrebl
No PDK but at least there's a new transmission
Was there a problem with the 8 speed? It seems the least troublesome large component in a Cayenne.. I suspect that has something to do with the source - - ie: not-ZF.

Last edited by deilenberger; 08-30-2017 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:55 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wkearney99
I hate to say it - what a pretentious load of crappola.. dancers and an orchestra? Then the hushed description of interior materials?

Old 08-30-2017, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
I hate to say it - what a pretentious load of crappola.. dancers and an orchestra? Then the hushed description of interior materials?
Thus the reason I included the other links.

I'm never sure what audience actually finds all that nonsense appealing (for any event/product, not just this clip). Seems like a marketing department running amok spending corporate money on pointless spectacle.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.