Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Our First Porsche - 2014 CTTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 12:39 PM
jlusby is an unknown quantity at this point
Our First Porsche - 2014 CTTS

Wasn't sure which place to post this (Turbo or 958) but I decided upon here...

First I wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum for the advice and wisdom that I have gotten over the last couple of months as a lurker and then a member. We are moving away from a Ford Expedition EL (man do they have a ton of room) to the CTTS because we don't need as much room but still need to tow the boat a couple of times per year. I made the mistake (turned about to be a good mistake) of having the wife test drive a CTT first and then a newer GTS. She really enjoyed the driving experience (and power) more in the CTT than the GTS, so even though I had convinced myself that the GTS was the right vehicle, we moved on to the hunt for the Turbo. She quickly narrowed down the choices to it must be black, period! Then with the help of this forum, I narrowed it further to a CPO vehicle and black. I also wanted relatively low miles and that the CPO would cover it for around 3 more years.

For those that are still searching, this approach creates a narrow pool of candidates, so I started using a spreadsheet to track the options using the VIN decoder and also tried to prioritize the options that were most important. I decided to open the search to also include CTTS since so many people talked about how they really loved PDCC and PTV being standard on these and it can be hard to find on the others. So, to make a long story short, I came across one on the Porsche CPO website in Omaha. I can't say enough good things about the Woodhouse Porsche in Omaha and specifically Carey Trowbridge in sales. This was the single easiest and most positive buying experience that I have ever had.

So here she is...

I had the pleasure of spending about 10 hours with her yesterday driving from Omaha back to Cincinnati. Had to stop one time somewhere in Indiana for gas and a bite to eat.

My daily driver is a 2003 M5 that I think is one of the best all around cars of all time, but I have to admit for its size/weight, this thing is just incredible. I had to continually watch myself because I would barely touch the gas on the highway and I was getting close to triple digits. She is an incredible highway cruiser (has the Burmester sound system) that just makes the miles fly by, and really handles the curves and back roads extremely well.

A special shout out to deilenberger for all of the time he has spent documenting the transfer case issue - I had them change the fluid the morning that I picked it up! What a great resource you have been during my search.

Great to be part of the family and again, thanks to everyone that contributes to the forum, it made this whole process much easier!

Old 06-02-2017, 08:16 PM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
I also purchased mine from Woodhouse and yes, they were good.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:30 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Jeff - gorgeous CTTS, get rid of those Amber Side Markers and put some clear ones...... oh wait....

Old 06-02-2017, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by boochook
Jeff - gorgeous CTTS, get rid of those Amber Side Markers and put some clear ones...... oh wait....
Just waiting on the chrome amber bulbs to come in!!

Soon, and I will post a picture. Of course I have to find some fishing line to remove those amber ones

Old 06-13-2017, 06:19 AM
aw001 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am in the market for a CTTS myself and wow, that does look elegant. Congrats!!

Old 06-13-2017, 09:36 AM
Chadillac2000 is a jewel in the roughChadillac2000 is a jewel in the roughChadillac2000 is a jewel in the rough
Great looking ride. That color combo is hard to beat.

Glad to hear you made the dealership take care of the transfer case fluid change. Did they have anything to say when you requested the flush?

Old 06-13-2017, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Chadillac2000
Great looking ride. That color combo is hard to beat.

Glad to hear you made the dealership take care of the transfer case fluid change. Did they have anything to say when you requested the flush?
No, I sent the salesman the links to this forum and Rennlist forum for the transfer case threads and he spoke to the service manager and took care of it. I was pleasantly surprised and really happy with that dealership. Probably part of the reason they are a "premier" dealership.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:04 AM
Chadillac2000 is a jewel in the roughChadillac2000 is a jewel in the roughChadillac2000 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jlusby
No, I sent the salesman the links to this forum and Rennlist forum for the transfer case threads and he spoke to the service manager and took care of it. I was pleasantly surprised and really happy with that dealership. Probably part of the reason they are a "premier" dealership.
Great news. I'm pleasantly surprised they were so eager to meet your request as it seems a lot of dealerships around the country are ignoring the problem.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:54 AM
Peter Svoboda is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like a great car! I can only imagine what youre saying about the acceleration though ><! I would love to see your cars at a cars and coffee meet! Do you go to any in the Cincinnati area? I work at Zakiras Garage on Wooster pike if you would ever want to stop by, visitors are welcome!

Old 07-11-2017, 09:34 PM
themperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the roughthemperor is a jewel in the rough
congrats!

Old 07-12-2017, 10:03 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Best of luck with it!

Old 07-13-2017, 05:39 PM
quickster2 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Woodhouse organization is top notch. I know them well from the Viper community. They are a few who understand customer service.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.