Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Chadillac2000's 2012 Porsche Cayenne Base Maintenance & Modification Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 11:29 AM
quickster2 is an unknown quantity at this point
FWIW I was recently talked out of doing the tranny service by 2 dealers recently. I had my mind set on it at 80K being proactive as Deilenberger had mentioned one time. The tranny fluid is the only thing I have not zeroed out with new. I'm 2K away from 80K still deciding. Any thoughts ????

Old 03-08-2018, 09:57 AM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chadillac2000
Completely agreed. Any way you can get in there and delete the unnecessary picture quoting?
That was partly a brain-fart on my part, I'm not a moderator here (just on RennList) - so I can't - but the OP's can.

Old 04-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Chadillac2000 is a jewel in the roughChadillac2000 is a jewel in the roughChadillac2000 is a jewel in the rough
Copying/Pasting this from another thread I started regarding the airbag error on the dash I'd been dealing with:

Well, hopefully wrapping this thread up for good. My fiance had off this past Friday, and was able to take our 958 to the local Porsche dealership. I figured she could have better luck than I at getting this airbag issue resolved and I was right.

Within an hour, she gave me a call saying they'd already taken the car into the service department and solved the problem. She said they said something about there being an active recall but that the technician didn't get too far into it, but did ask if the airbag had been removed recently (it hadn't).

The light has now been off for nearly a week and at a total cost of $0.00 to us. Success! The light use to trigger back on immediately after being cleared, so i suspect the issue has been resolved long-term. If for some reason any airbag related codes come back, I'll update the thread.

Now if I could just get these pesky downpipes to stop vibrating at low-rpms...

Old 06-11-2019, 03:07 PM
2kwiq is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Chadillac2000
It's been roughly 9,500 miles since my last oil change, and since my Sunday was completely free and I had the proper oil and filter on hand, I decided to get dirty once again. In an attempt to combat the poor design of the oil filter, I picked up this Form-A-Funnel. I had envisioned this would keep all the oil from running all over everything.

This was wishful thinking. The clearances are just too tight and too awkward to fit this up inside the proper places. But with many shop towels on hand, I managed to get through the job again.

After I reset the service interval with the iCarSoft, I removed the front seat to further investigate any possible loose connections under the seat that could be causing this airbag light to stay illuminated. No luck. I'll have to further investigate some other potential culprits around the steering wheel itself before seeking professional advice.

While the splash shields were off underneath the car so I could access the oil drain and oil filter housing, I cranked the car and had someone slowly rev the engine. Sure enough, at the RPMs I'd experienced the "tremors" and "vibrations" the down-pipes were visibly shaking even though they were securely fastened down. No loose bolts, no loose brackets. It appears as if the flex sections may be too weak to support the exhaust from vibrating at certain RPMs. This is a pretty petty complaint on my part as it's barely noticeable, but I have much older cars from less respected manufactures that their exhaust systems have held up fine.

Great thread! I found this thread while getting some ideas on easing the mess of changing the oil filter.
I had decent results draining the oil filter first by taking off the hex nut at the bottom of the filter.
Instead of the funnel you had, i just simply wrapped a couple large pieces of aluminum foil around the cross member and had it hanging down...all the splash would just flow down the foil and into my pan. after that, just toss the foil...don't even need to wipe down the funnel.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:09 PM
TJtheDJ will become famous soon enough
Heading down to Myrtle Beach for the first time ever in mid July. Maybe I’lll get lucky and see all of you N.C. Porsche fellas! Have a great summer everyone!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.