Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Auto stop... STOPPED!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 04:43 PM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Auto stop... STOPPED!

After a few productive hours today there's now an option for adding a module to overcome the auto start/stop 'feature' in the 958.

T-Design was here today and used my '17 GTS to determine the programming necessary for their add-on memory module. This module remembers whatever you have set up for Sport, PSE, Auto Start/Stop, Ride Comfort and Height.

It's plugged in-between the button module in lower center console and the rest of the harness. It's a small 3x3" module that fits nearly in free space already present inside the console. Once installed it listens for the button settings and stores them. When you start the car it automatically re-sends those settings.

Here's a short clip showing it in action:

What's missing is programming for the Sport+ mode. I don't have that option in my GTS, so there wasn't any button data for them to sample. They're still looking to find someone with a 958 that has Sport+.

But right now if you don't have Sport+ the module is ready to go. It's using the same hardware as his other Porsche modules (but the button programming IS different). And if you have Sport+ the module will still work, just not for tracking the Sport+ module (so let them know if you want to be a test sample).

http://t-design9.com/memory_module.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-10-2017 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:54 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
This guy will make a ton of money!! Thank God my 2013 doesn't have this.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:07 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
I'd like my 2012 958t to stay in load mode. I suppose this will do that.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Thinking is on a distinguished road
T- design module

I tried to install my module today but soon ran into a problem. Hoping some one here can help. I was able to get the gear shift **** removed from the gear shift shaft. But now I can't seem to move the shaft rearward to remove the gear selector trim piece. Basicly I'm stuck in park.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:06 PM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
You'd need to move the release that trigger moves. I believe that's the white plastic tab that goes down inside the metal shifter handle tube. I can't recall if it pushes or pulls the tab, but I don't recall it taking much in the way of force.

Just as with it assembled, the vehicle ignition will have to be in the on position. Otherwise it won't let you take it out of Park. I don't think the engine has to actually be running.

Old 02-05-2018, 04:12 PM
Thinking is on a distinguished road
wkearney99, thanks for the advise. I figured it out and the install went well. Little gizmo works as advertised.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:10 AM
TXCOMT is on a distinguished road
Oh, great...that means when our '14 S gives up the ghost, the wife will want a new Cayenne and I can't use the A/S/S defeat excuse anymore!

Seriously, though, this is great news!

TXCOMT

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.