Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

XM stations will not save to PCM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 08:01 PM
MayorMcCheese is an unknown quantity at this point
XM stations will not save to PCM

Am I doing something wrong with my XM radio?

I newly activated it I have always exclusively only listened to XM (mainly for CNBC and News) but today I set up 18 individual channels which I've had to do 3 separate occasions because they do not save and I cannot figure out why

Manual tune.. enter station.. press new tab back to preset screen and long press.. 54 times i've done this lol for 18 stations it never saves what am I doing wrong?

Old 07-12-2017, 08:55 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Ah - new to the world of memory keys I see..

The presets are linked to your key. After setting the stations, press the memory set button on the door, and whatever button 1-2-3 that you're using for your seat settings. You should hear a beep meaning the system saved all your settings to button #1. If you have KESSEY - which I seem to recall you do, there is an additional step. Step out of the vehicle, put your hands over your head.. woops, sorry, got carried away there. Step out of the vehicle, and LOCK the vehicle using the lock button on your key.

It has now stored all those settings to that key - when it is used (button or keyless-entry) to unlock the vehicle. It isn't actually saving it in the key - but the key is now associated with those settings in the vehicle memory.

This is true of ANY changes you make to the car that you want to save.. mirror positions, seat settings, HVAC settings, coffee temperature (just seeing if you're paying attention), display settings and options.

Most people get confused initially - they make changes and next time they start the car all the changes are GONE. You have to tell the car you want it to save the changes.

One other thing - if you ever valet the car, before you hand the key over to them, press the OFF button on the memory panel on the drivers door. If you don't any changes the valet makes to the vehicle (like moving the seat) will be stored as new settings since he'll undoubtedly use the key button to lock the truck.

Old 07-20-2017, 03:18 PM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
In the newer models there's a function for automatically remembering all the settings. They advise you to use that for a few weeks until you find settings that work best. Then save the settings (as Don wrote) and disable the auto saving feature. This avoids the valet problem of settings getting over-written during the lock sequence.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.