Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

OEM Brake Pad Alternatives?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 04:11 PM
CayennePepper is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM Brake Pad Alternatives?

It's about time to change my brake pads soon, everywhere I look online, its mostly just OEM styles. I do not care about brake dust, noise, or pad life, just better stopping power (I usually use Hawk HP Plus on my other cars). Yet the only alternative I see is the EBC yellow stuff. I know the pad sizes for our cars can get a little convoluted since there is the Base, S, GTS, PCCB.

Anybody know some alternative aftermarket pads for the base cayenne? Or if anyone has tried yellow stuff, comment on their stopping efficacy (most reviews I see for yellow stuff are for small sport cars) ?

Old 07-23-2017, 04:30 PM
sterz is on a distinguished road
I had the EBC reds on my Cayenne Turbo when I had the brake job done (all the OEM rotors/ EBC pads) and they stopped pretty well.

The Cayenne sounded like a garbage truck stopping between 5-15 mph, but i would recommend them if you don't care about the noise and want the improved stopping power.

Do you track the Cayenne to need the improved stopping power?

Old 07-29-2017, 09:32 PM
csufl is on a distinguished road
I changed my front brake pad with Carbotech- http://www.ctbrakes.com/
It has a linear brake stopping power, slightly cheaper than OEM brake pads. Sometimes it squeaks. Brake dust decreased about 40-50% less than OEM.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:42 PM
CayennePepper is an unknown quantity at this point
Just ordered the EBC yellowstuff, some people track them so hopefully I get zero fade in my canyon runs.

BTW, with all the brake sizes for our cayennes, the part # for the yellowstuff on the 3.6 V6 cayennes are DP42162R

Old 08-16-2017, 09:17 AM
Qu4ttro is on a distinguished road
Something you gotta watch out for on these more aggressive pads are that they can eat through your rotors much quicker than OEM or OEM-like pads.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.