Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

SURVEY - Diesel Emission Fix Experience and Plans

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 05:35 AM
Mtea is an unknown quantity at this point
SURVEY - Diesel Emission Fix Experience and Plans

I own a 2014 Cayenne diesel and have been following the sticky VW emission thread over on the Rennlist forum since the start. For the benefit of that group, I’m trying to capture owners’ high level experience with the fix and also plans for getting the fix. There is tons of discussion on the topic but actual experience statistics don’t seem to exist. It’s anonymous and only five questions. Current results will display when you click “done”. If you own or owned a CD and have done the fix or are considering it, please help us out. Take the survey by clicking the link below. Feel free to share the link if you have a way to get it in front of a wider audience. I’ll post results occasionally or whenever there is anything interesting to report.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YQ56FDH

Old 04-06-2018, 03:09 PM
Survey Update April 6

Responses have been trickling in to total 39 so far. Not big numbers, but still it's providing a better idea of what CD owners are deciding and experiencing. I am somewhat surprised at the percentage that have reported to have gotten the fix at 74%. Hopefully we'll see a few more responses over this weekend.

I'll attach the xcel file, but here are the highlights. Almost half (46%) of respondents own 2014 CDs. 74% of all respondents have applied the fix while slightly fewer of the 2014 owners have fixed theirs (67%).

Considering performance only, 34% of all fixed CD owners are either "sorry they did it" or are experiencing "noticeably negative" performance. Two owners (8%) report "somewhat better" or "better" performance than before the fix.

When including the cash payments, 16% are "sorry" or "somewhat" negative on the deal. 38% feel they are even, while 37% feel its a "decent deal" or are "very happy" with the deal.

For those CDs not yet fixed, 57% feel it's "possible" or will "wait to see what develops" (67% of 2014 owners feel the same). 43% will "probably" or "definitely" get the fix.

Attached Files
File Type: xlsx
CD Fix Survey Apr 6 18.xlsx (12.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-14-2018, 06:02 AM
Survey Update April 14

The survey has 49 responses now, but impressions from the numbers seem about the same. I own a 2014 CD that is not yet fixed. Almost half the respondents own 2014s, but it appears their experience is not much different from the other years. From reading the diesel forum posts I was under the impression that there would be a difference. I see now that I have a pretty fair chance (35%) of feeling that my performance would be negatively impacted by the fix and I'm not sure that another $4,600 and extended warranty will make up for that. I'll see how I feel 18 months from now. I really like the way my CD performs and don't much like the odds that the fix will neuter it in some way. From the numbers, 63% of the not-fixed owners are having similar thoughts.

If you made or are making the decision about fixing your CD, here is the survey link if you haven't responded yet:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YQ56FDH It takes less than one minute to complete (46 seconds on average). I'll post updated results if I get significantly more responses or the results materially change.

The excel file is attached, but here are the highlights. Almost half (45%) of respondents own 2014 CDs. 73% of all respondents have applied the fix while slightly fewer of the 2014 owners have fixed theirs (63%).

Considering performance only, 35% of all fixed CD owners are either "sorry they did it" or are experiencing "noticeably negative" performance. Two owners (6%) report "somewhat better" or "better" performance than before the fix.

When including the cash payments, 18% are "sorry" or "somewhat" negative on the deal. 34% feel they are even, while 37% feel its a "decent deal" or are "very happy" with the deal.

For those CDs not yet fixed, 63% feel it's "possible" or will "wait to see what develops" (67% of 2014 owners feel the same). 37% will "probably" or "definitely" get the fix which is lower than the last update.

Attached Files
File Type: xlsx
CD Fix Survey Apr 14 18.xlsx (12.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 04-14-2018, 06:26 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
I had 2 diesel passats and took the $$$. It just made to much economic sense for me. I basically got all my money back on 5 year old cars. Plus I needed bigger cars to haul the family in. That being said I really miss the fuel economy of the diesel's!

Old 04-15-2018, 07:52 AM
ronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud of
biggest changes are the noise (and consequently longer revs to change gears) and the big decrease in mpg. I did the fix during the winter and as is typical of diesels the worst mpg is in the winter. I'm curious to see how it does in the spring/summer. The noise is annoying. I upshift as soon as I can to minimize the noise.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:40 PM
solrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to all
samething

Noisy and also the torque is not good as used to be