Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Webasto fitted, but no aux. heat button on the buttonspanel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 12:06 PM
Ronny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud of
Webasto fitted, but no aux. heat button on the buttonspanel

So i just bought a 2011 cayenne diesel, and to my surprise it was fitted with a webasto and the dealer wasnt aware of this.
I've tested it and it works, but im missing the button on the panel

have a look here, its the top right button with the flames on the lower buttons panel
https://images.finncdn.no/dynamic/96...1980194371.jpg

So is it just for me to buy this buttonspanel and the button will work?
I've got a piwis so some programming should be easily sorted if needed.

Also how about fitting a remote reciever, whats needed or is it even possible?

Old 09-08-2018, 12:01 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Doesn't Webasto offer a remote control for the heater? I seem to recall it being mentioned in other threads on the subject - so you can fire it off before you go out in the cold Norwegian winter to drive away..

Old 09-09-2018, 12:13 AM
Ronny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud ofRonny- has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Doesn't Webasto offer a remote control for the heater? I seem to recall it being mentioned in other threads on the subject - so you can fire it off before you go out in the cold Norwegian winter to drive away..
Yeah, there is a remote option, but no remote followed with the car.
So question is, is it only for me to buy a remote, pair it in some way and then im good to go? or do i need a reciever module or any thing else?

would be nice to sit in the sofa and fire up the webasto and go out to a warm car when its 0degrees fahrenheit out..

Old 09-09-2018, 07:28 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Ronny-
So is it just for me to buy this buttonspanel and the button will work?
I've got a piwis so some programming should be easily sorted if needed.
The panels are unique to the options installed in the vehicle. The whole button assembly gets replaced, not just a button. Does yours have a free location? If so then a panel with all your current options, plus the heater, should be something that could be ordered.

I'd lean more toward finding how to get a remote to work. But it'd be handy to have the console button, if just to be able to turn it off once you're on the road.

Old 09-09-2018, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by wkearney99
The panels are unique to the options installed in the vehicle. The whole button assembly gets replaced, not just a button. Does yours have a free location? If so then a panel with all your current options, plus the heater, should be something that could be ordered.

I'd lean more toward finding how to get a remote to work. But it'd be handy to have the console button, if just to be able to turn it off once you're on the road.
I can buy a new button panel where all 6 buttons are presented. Im missing the top right button right now.
And i do agree the remote is most desirable, but beeing able to just open the door and press the button to get the webasto started would be nice to.
Right now i have to turn on the ignintion and browse my way through the menus.

Old 09-09-2018, 10:47 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
If you're already seeing it in the PCM menus that might bode well for the correct button panel recognizing it.

I'm guessing you're going to have to contact Porsche directly to find out the correct part# for that panel.