Cayenne Turbo All Cayenne Turbo model topics

Alarm siren replacement?

Old 01-10-2016, 04:23 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Alarm siren replacement?

Recently my alarm siren had quit working on my 06 Cayenne S. It started when l noticed that I was not getting the chirp upon arming and disarming of the alarm. I actually noticed that I could still hear it very lightly but it eventually fully quit. Has anyone replaced these? My steering wheel horn functions normally so obviously there is a separate horn for the alarm. I looked in PET and it lists both an alarm horn (95563711702) and alarm siren (95561823701). The horn is about $10 while the siren is $140. Do both need to be replaced? Why are there two? Thx!

Old 01-11-2016, 09:14 AM
DLF
DLF is on a distinguished road
Here are a few pages from the 2003-2006 repair manual. Hope it helps.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Removing alarm siren.pdf (180.2 KB, 932 views)
Old 01-12-2016, 11:17 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DLF
Here are a few pages from the 2003-2006 repair manual. Hope it helps.
Thank you. The repair manual references the removal of the relay carrier in the preliminary section as listed below. Any chance you could post up that section?

Thank you!

Preliminary work

1. Release the relay carrier in the plenum chamber E-box and lay it aside. 979019 Removing and installing relay carrier, plenum chamber E-box - chapter on "Removing"

Old 01-12-2016, 11:32 AM
DLF
DLF is on a distinguished road
No problem !

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
97 90 19.pdf (689.0 KB, 578 views)
Old 02-16-2016, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by DLF
No problem !
Thank you!

Old 03-09-2016, 09:36 PM
I have a 2006 Cayenne S. I changed out the alarm siren today which necessitated removal of the relay carrier box. After reinstalling everything and plugging all the connectors and relays back in, the alarm siren worked as advertised. I started the car and got a check engine light and a PSM warning light in the instrument cluster. Car idled fine but the engine would not go past idle. The throttle pedal was completely dead. I could put the car in drive or reverse and it would just creep along at idle. I plugged in the durametric and it confirmed that the throttle position angle was "0" no matter what I did with the throttle pedal. I scanned the fault codes with duremetric and this is what came up as shown below. It seems that somehow something is preventing the throttle from working but it's hard to believe a couple of emission fault codes would make the car undriveable. I will double check all the connections again tomorrow but everything was plugged in correctly as far as I know. Does anyone have any ideas what to try next before towing the car to the dealer? Does anyone have an electrical schematic for the items in the relay carrier box?

Thanks!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EV8TRG]

Last edited by pwdrhound; 03-09-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Sunil is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
I have a 2006 Cayenne S. I changed out the alarm siren today which necessitated removal of the relay carrier box. After reinstalling everything and plugging all the connectors and relays back in, the alarm siren worked as advertised. I started the car and got a check engine light and a PSM warning light in the instrument cluster. Car idled fine but the engine would not go past idle. The throttle pedal was completely dead. I could put the car in drive or reverse and it would just creep along at idle. I plugged in the durametric and it confirmed that the throttle position angle was "0" no matter what I did with the throttle pedal. I scanned the fault codes with duremetric and this is what came up as shown below. It seems that somehow something is preventing the throttle from working but it's hard to believe a couple of emission fault codes would make the car undriveable. I will double check all the connections again tomorrow but everything was plugged in correctly as far as I know. Does anyone have any ideas what to try next before towing the car to the dealer? Does anyone have an electrical schematic for the items in the relay carrier box?

Thanks!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EV8TRG]
Curious, did you ever resolve the errors? I am thinking of undertaking the same fix, wondering how difficult or easy it was for you?